New Boots

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i have had a few issues with scraping boots, and on the weekend i finished off my Falco's, which were a budget priced waterproof touring boot, very warm, and comfy, and with great support just not real suitable for sport riding without with scrapers...hence the bottom has been worn through, and ripped off!

So it was time to get some new boots, had a good look around, spoke to a few people, tried a few on, finally after general consensus that the boots i have decided to buy, are as good as you will get for what i want at a half reasonable price.

These boots are the Sidi Vertigo's. They cost me about $450 with discount, which is $200 cheaper than the Vertigo Corsa's...

They seem to be very comfortable and easy to put on, and they feel ok to walk in straight off. They have full ankle & heel support, with vents that work, a calf tension ratchet for firm fit around the calf, and have replaceable toe, ankle, and heel sliders, plus a decent shin plate. I got them in the all black...hopefully they will last me a few years, not 6 months like the last ones...:eek:

Picking them up tomorrow...

Here are a couple of pics,

View attachment 9440

View attachment 9441

and a link to a review

Sidi Boots - webBikeWorld

Wil post my own review when i get to have a fang wth em on.

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Wolf,put my 10 year old Rossi's to shame .Can't bring myself to part with them ,even had the zips replaced twice ,lol

I have a pair off Rossi's, unfortuneatly i never really got on well with them, which is strange, cause every other pair of Rossi shoes i have owned have been great....they are ld school tourers, very plain, but very well made.

:thumbup:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plain is exactly the right word to describe Rossi's ,black leather ,zip and one press stud .They are not expensive but do their job just fine .I wear mine every day and they are as comfortable as a pair of slippers ,waterproofing not the best but as I said before "cheap",lol.oh and they leave great dents in commodore doors too :rolleyes:

I would love to get a new pair ,just not on my list right now .But those ones you bought do look shmick ,:thumbup: from me .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plain is exactly the right word to describe Rossi's ,black leather ,zip and one press stud .They are not expensive but do their job just fine .I wear mine every day and they are as comfortable as a pair of slippers ,waterproofing not the best but as I said before \"cheap\",lol.oh and they leave great dents in commodore doors too :rolleyes:

I would love to get a new pair ,just not on my list right now .But those ones you bought do look shmick ,:thumbup: from me .

I had to get a new pair, no choice, My Rossi's hurt, and my Falco's are stuffed, so i though i would but something that gave me lots of protection and would last a long time.

First pair of Sports Boots i have ever owned, was Rossi's only for me for 20 years, till i bought the Falco's about 6 months ago.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same boots but in the waterproof version. I love them and they have served me well in crashes.

What's up with all the toe scraping???

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe that their sole wears out too fast. The material is too soft. I wouldn't wear these boots at work. The upper is lorica and will stay as new for many years to come though

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe that their sole wears out too fast. The material is too soft. I wouldn't wear these boots at work. The upper is lorica and will stay as new for many years to come though

I aint gonna be working in them, but i am going to be walking around the odd race meeting, or local cafe, pub, tourist attraction in em, from time to time, so i reckon i should be right...thanks for the info though.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice boots Wolfman, that's the one's my wife saw on the last MotoGP coverage, and said.. "why don't you get a pair of them".
Being such a sedate rider, I don't think I need all the toe-scrapers and stuff, but would love a pair..lol

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice boots Wolfman, that's the one's my wife saw on the last MotoGP coverage, and said.. \"why don't you get a pair of them\".
Being such a sedate rider, I don't think I need all the toe-scrapers and stuff, but would love a pair..lol

:)

Apart from the obvious sport riding advantages, they also offer superior protection of all that is enclosed within.....have been thinking recently that i needed a boot that would last a long time...instead of wasting smaller amounts of money every 6 to 12 months, and eventually spending more money anyway....and this way i get the superior protection...

I reckon if the missus says yes,you should buy them...Sidi have the B2 boot which is almost identical, sans adjustable calf tensioner, and vent, for about $100 less...they too would be a great buy for someone looking for a good allround boot that offers superior protection & support.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I aint gonna be working in them, but i am going to be walking around the odd race meeting, or local cafe, pub, tourist attraction in em, from time to time, so i reckon i should be right...thanks for the info though.

Cool. For that use they are perfect. I tried Oxtar boots, alpinestars gaerne...SIDI is simply put my favorite brand. I have a pair of Vertebra II (which is an older & similar model).

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. For that use they are perfect. I tried Oxtar boots, alpinestars gaerne...SIDI is simply put my favorite brand. I have a pair of Vertebra II (which is an older & similar model).

Best recommendation i have had re Sidi Boots is this...they only make boots, and they have done that for a long time...so they better be good!

:Flash: