New bike...lots of shame...and fear

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's quite something considering the holier-than-thou posters on here who castigate anyone who DARES to exceed the speed limit or ride like a :squid:

I ride within my limits and don't abuse the bike and I have a great time with it.

Lone was just being sarcastic (I think :) ) .. don't be offended.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't make my mind up: tuna sandwich from Subway, tin of beans I brought from home, or lunch at a sit-down restaurant.

I should start a poll.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't make my mind up: tuna sandwich from Subway, tin of beans I brought from home, or lunch at a sit-down restaurant.

I should start a poll.

Personally, I'd probably go for the tuna sandwich. It is reasonably low in fat, a decent amount of carbamazepine in the bread, protein in the tuna, a small amount of dairy sugar in the mayonnaise, and some vitamins and minerals in the salad. Cheaper than a meal out, more nutritious than a tin of beans

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I'd probably go for the tuna sandwich. It is reasonably low in fat, a decent amount of carbamazepine in the bread, protein in the tuna, a small amount of dairy sugar in the mayonnaise, and some vitamins and minerals in the salad. Cheaper than a meal out, more nutritious than a tin of beans

From Subway man....their tuna sandwiches have the highest fat of any sandwich on their menu. Trust me....I looked it up.

In the end I went for the tin of beans. It was cheap, quick and easy. And I am all for that combination. :)

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
From Subway man....their tuna sandwiches have the highest fat of any sandwich on their menu. Trust me....I looked it up.

In the end I went for the tin of beans. It was cheap, quick and easy. And I am all for that combination. :)

It's actually less than the BMT, Pizza, Wagyu, Chick Bacon Ranch, and I dunno what else. But in addition, only a few grams of it are a saturated fat, and that includes your omega three fats. That said, I'm a fan of cheap, quick and easy (just don't ever say that with your girl in the same room)

gammapoison

The face destroyer
Reaction score
Visit site
I would have to say depending on what you ate for the day go for the tuna.
Most people have seen the movie super size me where the guy goes out and eats Mc Donalds and gets fat.
But what most people didn't see is the movie called Fat Head where a guy goes out and eats nothing but Mc Donalds for a month and looses weight.
Then goes on a high fat low carb diet and loses even more weight.
That movie Super size me is for the most part is a half truth story.
So the in a nut shell...if you cut fat out you will get fat.:thumbup:

P.S.....check out the site...fathead-movie...com

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny you should say that.. I've been volunteering for MSF for 3 years now and I'm taking Rider Coach Prep course in August (unless of course they cancel it.. and if they do I'll just keep volunteering) :thumbup:

If you ever make it out here, you're more than welcome to help out and be an aid during my classes. If you know how to ride the demo, you can do that too. Laying down and picking up the cones is probably the worst part.

Good luck on your RC prep course. Any question, go ahead and PM me.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I would have to say depending on what you ate for the day go for the tuna.
Most people have seen the movie super size me where the guy goes out and eats Mc Donalds and gets fat.
But what most people didn't see is the movie called Fat Head where a guy goes out and eats nothing but Mc Donalds for a month and looses weight.
Then goes on a high fat low carb diet and loses even more weight.
That movie Super size me is for the most part is a half truth story.
So the in a nut shell...if you cut fat out you will get fat.:thumbup:

P.S.....check out the site...fathead-movie...com

Yeah, it definitely depends on how you cycle your food during the day, what time you eat, what kind of sugars you intake, etc etc. I did a fair bit of research into nutrition over the last twelve months getting into fitness, and most people don't realize that the bigger enemy of anyone trying to lose weight is generally sugar, with heavy or slow to digest fats coming in second

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I totally take offense to this. I have a terrible golf swing, have taken lessons to no avail, but I manage :p.

:rof: :rof:

To the OP, :welcome: and glad to hear you are taking the class! I was a brand new rider, took the class and found it VERY helpful. The FZ6 is also my first bike, and as long as you respect it, it IS a good beginner bike.
Keep us posted on your progress, and tell Josh I hope he and his bike heal up quickly.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
See.. the right of way approach is meaningless on a motorcycle. What difference does it make if you get killed, but it was the car driver's fault? There is a very good chance Josh's crash could have been prevented (yes, I can say that even without knowing any details.. because chances are he was riding with the same mentality as car drivers... THIS DOES NOT WORK ON A MOTORCYCLE!). Please take the course ASAP.. both of you!
Dealers, for most part, are greedy scumbags and they don't give a rats arse about your well being. All they care about is getting as much of your money as possible. FZ6 is an OK bike to learn on, but by no means is it docile.
As for boots.. any motorcycle specific boot will be better than street-wear, but obviously taller = better.. for most protection.

As for the dealers being scumbags looking for cash, i'd have to agree, i went into a dealer the other day and told him i was looking at the fz6, he said thats a great bike, i then said i was also looking at a kawa versys he said great bike, i said i was kicking around the idea of a klr 650 he said, you guessed it, great bike.... so i then said (being clever) i was also looking at a rebel 250 (which i now know to be a horrid little bike unless your around town) for highway trips.... he said oh its great on the highway it will easily do 85, i know for a fact that it will struggle to get to 75 with a tailwind going downhill... most dealers just want to make a commission, so they will (in most cases) tell you anything that will encourage you to buy the bike, very rarely do i come across a good bunch of salesman which will tell you the pluses and minuses of bikes, but when you do, you keep coming back because you trust them a little more! :thumbup:

Welcome to the Forum btw!!!! wouldn't throw your leg over a 1000 or 1200 yet though til you get a few k under your belt.... don't think you'll get bored with the fz6...test rode one and i loved it, and don't see myself growing out of it for a while, now i just need some funds!!!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
As for the dealers being scumbags looking for cash, i'd have to agree, i went into a dealer the other day and told him i was looking at the fz6, he said thats a great bike, i then said i was also looking at a kawa versys he said great bike, i said i was kicking around the idea of a klr 650 he said, you guessed it, great bike.... so i then said (being clever) i was also looking at a rebel 250 (which i now know to be a horrid little bike unless your around town) for highway trips.... he said oh its great on the highway it will easily do 85, i know for a fact that it will struggle to get to 75 with a tailwind going downhill... most dealers just want to make a commission, so they will (in most cases) tell you anything that will encourage you to buy the bike, very rarely do i come across a good bunch of salesman which will tell you the pluses and minuses of bikes, but when you do, you keep coming back because you trust them a little more! :thumbup:

Welcome to the Forum btw!!!! wouldn't throw your leg over a 1000 or 1200 yet though til you get a few k under your belt.... don't think you'll get bored with the fz6...test rode one and i loved it, and don't see myself growing out of it for a while, now i just need some funds!!!

Almost makes you wish they extended the supermarkets idea of self service to the motorcycle industry...