New bike cam!

Make sure it is the wide angle lense with the 5 mega pixel camera. There are lower models available. The one that I am using is the 170 degree wide angle.

-bryan

Make sure it is the wide angle lense with the 5 mega pixel camera. There are lower models available. The one that I am using is the 170 degree wide angle.

-bryan

Thanks for the tip,

It sais it has 5 mega pixel, here's the p/n given: Is it the same?

GCR-09NCA-WD-AG

I used Wavexs Hero setup at the track a copuple of weeks ago and was quite pleased with it. I had one mount for my helmet and another on the cowling stay. The 21 minute helmet video came out quite well with no movement @160+mph. The video from the cowling was cut short when the camera turned off prematurely after only 3 1/2 minutes.

I have the raw footage but don't have the interest to cut them down to YouTube service. Wavex was working on an edit of them and will post up after he returns from France next week.

The batteries drain very fast at times, which is my biggest issue with them, but really a few batteries and sd cards will get a track day without a problem. I almost want to hardwire it to the battery sometimes.

I'm using mine on my snowboard tomorrow! The waterproof/shockproof casings are great!

Thanks for the tip,

It sais it has 5 mega pixel, here's the p/n given: Is it the same?

GCR-09NCA-WD-AG

Their part number is completely different than those on the go pro website.

That and I am not seeing anything on the box the camera came in.

Also, they offer a kit that comes in a wrist band and such... make sure you get the kit that comes with a suction cup mount and various other stick on mounts.

-bryan

The batteries drain very fast at times, which is my biggest issue with them, but really a few batteries and sd cards will get a track day without a problem. I almost want to hardwire it to the battery sometimes.

I'm using mine on my snowboard tomorrow! The waterproof/shockproof casings are great!

One thing i have noticed about electronics and batteries is that rechargeable batteries tend to last about 10x longer in the device than normal batteries. My digital camera used to last about 100 pictures on standard Energizer batteries, then i switched to rechargeable batteries it would last 7-800 pictures.

If you hardwire, make sure you insert a noise filter !! The current you get from a running motor (Cage or bike) is kinda noisy(its also influenced by stuff switching on and off like indicators etc.), and this will show up in your video as a sort of static noise in the frames. A 12v noise filter will prevent this from happening.
I myself use a combination of cameras, - have a look in http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/11014-camera-mounts.html if you want some inspiration.

And here I am, from the title of the post, thinking you go a new set of cam shafts...I am a dork...

Went to Cycle Gear today and picked up the same camera. It's the wide angle one, just like Bryan's. Cost me $183 with tax.

Now just got to figure out how and the hell this thing works. I'm having a hell of a time just getting the damn thing out the box!

I guess I need to go to Best Buy or some electronic store and get me a 2 gig disk.

Not a bad price and the place to get it from if you want to order online, but I got mine yesterday, didn't have to wait and it was $183 out the door. Neat little toy, I mounted my camera using the suction cup on the front of my windscreen so my camera was in front of the bike. I had it up to about 100mph on the freeway, it didn't fly off.

Back