New bars

Thenavigator0723

Reaction score
Visit site
Im thiniking about adding new bars to my Bike Specifically MX style bars or the FZ-1 stock bars i dont want to lean forward to far id just like a bit more control
and something to change the look for when i make the bike naked i use it mainly for commuting and light 2-3 hour touring
thanks

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
I put the fz1 bars on my bike to straighten out my wrists and stop a numb right hand. Erci hooked me up with partshark, I ordered em and they showed up in 4 days for 38 bucks total. They made a fantastic change in the bike. I love the way it feels now, more responsive and more stable. Great mod from my experience. Do it!!!!!!
I had to remove the locator tab on the throttle assembly to fit them. It is a little plastic tab that I filed off in 2 minutes and was good to go. I found that putting the controls on loosely before bolting the bars was best. Not quite enough slack in the cables to fit them once I had the bars fixed.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 :thumbup:

Easy mod to do, I've ridden 15 hour days (NJ Rides w/ Erci), with the fz1 bars.I did it once with the stock fz6 bars, which killed my upper body.

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed eBay bar risers few days ago on stock fz6 bars 1" up and 1.25" back and love it.

No lean whatsoever, it cost 52 bucks and took 10 mins to install.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for FZ1 bar here.. it just works really really well on FZ1 when set up right.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for FZ1 bar here.. it just works really really well on FZ1 when set up right.

I think he means "works really well on an FZ6".....this is what happens when you get an FZ1, it's all you can think about!

:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think he means "works really well on an FZ6".....this is what happens when you get an FZ1, it's all you can think about!

:thumbup:

LMAO! Yeah.. thanks Jamie.. I meant to say FZ6 :D
It works equally well on both FZ6 AND FZ1 :D

GGSteelman

Reaction score
Visit site
Just did the FZ1 bars last week. Once the snow dried up (October in VA, ridiculous I know) I rode a bit today. I really dig the bars, can't wait to take mine up in the twisties :)

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone is spot on with their comments. The FZ1 bar changed the whole feel for me. Much more comfortable and better handling. Do it, you will not be disappointed!

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the Renthal med bars and I am considering going to the FZ 1 bar because of the vibes. I also installed the factory bar ends in hopes of killing the vibrations I was expecting. Still have vibes that are severe enough to vibrate my vista Cruise nut loose. Any ideas on how to kill this?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the Renthal med bars and I am considering going to the FZ 1 bar because of the vibes. I also installed the factory bar ends in hopes of killing the vibrations I was expecting. Still have vibes that are severe enough to vibrate my vista Cruise nut loose. Any ideas on how to kill this?

I am sorry to say I was not able to find a way to reduce the vibration when I had Renthal bar on mine. I have very heavy HVMP bar ends on mine (not recommended on aluminum bars) and there was still more vibration than I was willing to accept. Perfectly fine for an hour ride or so.. but way too much for 3-6 hours in the saddle.
That's when I switched to FZ1 bar with stock bar ends .. much smoother.
No offense to Renthal (or other aluminum) bar users. Just sharing my experience :)

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
I am experiencing the same. Aluminum is much more rigid than the steel, thus it transfers all of the vibes roight on through. Next will be the FZ-1 bars.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I am experiencing the same. Aluminum is much more rigid than the steel, thus it transfers all of the vibes roight on through. Next will be the FZ-1 bars.

Not exactly, most steel is way more rigid then aluminium, the aluminium transfers more vibration because the material has less density for the vibrations to "cancel" out. Some good bar ends and good grips would be your best bet.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk