New AU member, set on getting an FZ6S

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
New AU member, set on getting an FZ6S - GOT ONE!!

i'm off my restrictions this week and have the cash lined up to get myself an fz6s, probably a 2005 model which fits the budget...

i'm deciding between a black one with lower aftermarket fairing and frame sliders, and bog stock as a rock blue 04 model with lots of panniers and bits on it

bit of a hard choice but its going to come down to money i think, i'll let you all know how it goes

the netrider guys don't like the S version of the FZ by the way, weird!

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum fellow Aussie....Ive got an 05 naked and i love it , never ridden the S version but i have been told that if you are a tall person the fairing does squat......Either choice you make you'll be more than happy with your FZ :thumbup:

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
thanks guys, i'm coming from a naked 250 and would like to have a faired bike for a while, i like the look of them ( i know a lot don't seem to ) but its somewhere between a mean looking streetfighter naked and a R6 jap race bike which is why it appeals, but with a more commuter friendly riding position

anyway, thanks for the warm welcome!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Up here in QLD there seems to be a hell of alot more Naked than S's so maybe that tells us something :dontknow: , both look awesome strikes me as strange though how the S version gets the centre stand and the N version doesnt :( :confused:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome! make sure to post up some pics of whatever you decide on!

Yay more Aussies! now the party is really started! :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard. I'm a fan of the nekkids myself, but the plakkie wearing ones aren't all bad either...lol.:rockon:

Cheers
Mike

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Naked naked naked oue oue oue welcome dude youll get a heap from the bike and a heap from hear all good(well mostly), grommit we are coming to get you we will get you all. lol.

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
man the dealer im negotiating with over this bike just won't play ball!...

found some okay ones private sale just not quuuuite as good condition

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
man the dealer im negotiating with over this bike just won't play ball!...

found some okay ones private sale just not quuuuite as good condition

Keep trying the dealer. If you can, walk in there with a wad of "reddies" and state your price, wave the cash in his face and say "Take it or leave it... Your call buddy"... Either he'll want your money, or tell him you gladly give it to someone who wants to deal!!!

:)

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
Have done that three times (except with a bank cheque, its as good as cash!)

No good!

i've found one one year older, and $900 cheaper with 6 months more rego and massive amounts of luggage equipment (givi cases?) that i'll probably never use, but the seller is a top bloke and was really up front about the bike. Good service history but i'm gonna have to spend on a new rear tyre pretty much straight away.. its blue i was going for black originall, I don't mind the colour! And my friend repaints helicopters all day and said he'll paint it any colour i want! :D

can you get the aftermarket lower fairings in australia? i like them!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bugga!!!
As for the bike thats a year older, '04 - '07 were all the same, if the Km's are about the same, I'd say go for it. The FZ6 is a pretty decent tourer, so those Givi's may come in handy after you get the bug ;) (Mine is an '04, the thing is perfect).
Just ask the seller if he/she has done the TPS recall and got that replaced.

All good with the painter friend... Hmm, does he do any interstate jobs??? :rof:

Lower fairings, you can get them, they'd have to be imported though... Have a look at Powerbronze - they look pretty cool.

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey welcome buddy...am a bit slow off the mark this week...on the road! My advice is to get a naked... Bang a big fat open exhaust on it, a power commander, get it dyno tuned, get a 520 conversion (-2 front,+1 rear)...and strap yourself in! :rockon:

But seriously, if you want to tour, the S version is probably a better bet...having said that I just did 2500km's on my N with just a fly screen and hand guards for protection against wind blast, and all was good!

Post lots, ride more! :thumbup:

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
Woohoo!!!!!

fz6s-new.jpg

picked it up today, love it so far!