NEW 2007 FZ6... What's a good price??

smkdat

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been searching for a Yamaha FZ6 & I came across a new 07 red at a dealership. Couldn't believe they still have a new 07... until I saw their starting price is the same as a new 09, $5999.

So my question: What price should I shoot for to make this a good deal?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
That bike has been sitting there for 4 years, not sold. Personally, I wouldn't pay a dime over $5000.

This is what I was thinking. Also that motor oil and gas sitting in it is bad and should be changed before it is ran the first time...not to mention unless the gas was stabilized you probably have gum in the TB's and injectors.

I paid $5,499 for my 2006 brand new in January of 2007! I would not pay over $4,500 personally for a 4 year old bike even if it's got 1 mile...it's not "NEW" not by a long shot.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I was thinking. Also that motor oil and gas sitting in it is bad and should be changed before it is ran the first time...not to mention unless the gas was stabilized you probably have gum in the TB's and injectors.

I don't think there will be gas in new models until they are prepped for sale... unless of course it's a demo... Battery is also installed just prior to sale... You're right though, a quick oil change couldn't hurt...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think there will be gas in new models until they are prepped for sale... unless of course it's a demo... Battery is also installed just prior to sale... You're right though, a quick oil change couldn't hurt...

You may be right on the gas. They had to run it at some point to get that 1-3 miles on the "New" Odometer...if all they do is drain the tank afterwards without running stabilizer there is still fuel in the injectors/TB's, gas line, etc. I doubt they blow it all out before setting it on the floor. Better safe than sorry. I have first hand experience with gummed up fuel lines on a car that had not been run in 2 years. :(

toasterboy85

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just bought a "used" 2007 FZ6 for $3900. It has 532 miles!!! I am awaiting the title to come from Kansas then exchange cash and bike, ect... Will post pic soon, this is my first bike!

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Just because it's a 07 doesn't mean it has been at the shop for 4 years. Yamaha has warehouses of leftover bikes that are factory fresh and still in the crate. I'm guessing there aren't any 07's or even 08's left in warehouses but still you don't know when the shop took delivery.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been searching for a Yamaha FZ6 & I came across a new 07 red at a dealership. Couldn't believe they still have a new 07... until I saw their starting price is the same as a new 09, $5999.

So my question: What price should I shoot for to make this a good deal?

I wonder what kind of warranty they would give you, if any...

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder what kind of warranty they would give you, if any...

If it is a brand new bike never sold then it comes with the full factory warranty. They have to clean out all gas when shipped. I would say other than engine oil possibly, that would be all that needs to be done. Thing is other than incentives. That dealer still has to pay Yamaha dealer cost on that bike. That is why they are asking what they are. That is what they owe Yamaha. Not to mention the dealer has paid interest on that bike sitting on the floor for most likely at least 3 years so I would imagine that even selling it at $5500 They are only going to make $3500. So they are losing $2500. Biggest problem with the FZ6 is there are numerous people selling it for way less than what they should be. If a bike is in great shape it should be sold for what it is worth.... Also remember the more you beat up a dealer, if you need warranty work it goes to the back of the pile and if a paying customer comes in yours goes back even farther. They will get to it eventually.