The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your ok dude, More roundabouts here then celtic ring forts now:D

Good summer weather though best in years for gettin on the bike

on a side note:
Common Offaly kick some Cork ass this weekend:cheer:

My parents are in Cureeny at the moment and reckon its rained all week :confused:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow just saw this Nelly... glad you're OK!!! Any reason for taking a sabbatical from the forum?
Well David,

The move to Ireland and trying to find reliable Internet access has resulted in a large part of my absence. I am now also working shifts.
The other reason is, that the site has grown so much now and evolved full circle. Many of the threads are duplicates of original topics. I have nothing constructive to add to these. So I am content to do my modding bit and read some of the threads.

Cheers

Nelly

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you could tell a story about burning toast and make it interesting!!:D I'm glad to hear your allright.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just saw this.... Glad you are okay!!:thumbup: I have some of those Slider jeans. Glad to hear they work for you!:rockon:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez Nelly, glad to hear that you're okay, well except for the thumb...

Thanks for testing out the jeans, and posting about them not riding up. I have been wondering about that since I bought them.

Heal up quick Nelly :thumbup:

Travis

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
He slides-out on gravel while going 40 kilo's per hour and the bike is undamaged. Sounds like the luck of the Irish, to me. Or maybe not...

I want to say THANKS for your story because it has plenty of enlightenment. It sounds like a responsible rider will get back on his FZ6 more quicker than the others after a dump; you took the precautions and wore your safety gear. You rode the speed limit and saw the gravel at the last minute.

I hereby sentence you to ride again the next day, with one minor abrasion on the thumb. Good day.

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6Joker told me about your mishap, Nelly, on a group ride a few days ago, so I had to come over here and find out what happened. Glad to hear you and the bike are relatively ok.

BTW, it's also nice to know the Puig frame sliders will do a good job when needed! They held up nicely!

Hope the thumb heals up quick. :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident Neil :( but very happy to hear you and your bike are relatively OK.

I think we'll have to rename this smily the Nelly :thumbup: , hope your thumb (in a splint) heals up soon ;)
Very good Martin, I like that one.

Cheers

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your OK for the most part, must a been spooky after that long without an off... I am surprised about the cut off switch though, that should have tripped, it did on mine with sliders. Have couple of pints, you've earned them! Heal up!
Thanks for the info on the sliders. I will need to look into it now.
Falling off in the way that I did wasn't so bad. I have seen a lot of riders in light jackets and jeans. When its hot its so tempting not to wear as much (if any) gear. So I will defo continue to gear up.

Nelly:thumbup:

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Well David,

The move to Ireland and trying to find reliable Internet access has resulted in a large part of my absence. I am now also working shifts.
The other reason is, that the site has grown so much now and evolved full circle. Many of the threads are duplicates of original topics. I have nothing constructive to add to these. So I am content to do my modding bit and read some of the threads.

Cheers

Nelly

Ahhh OK, I thought it was because of the political threads :rof: just kidding...

So work's been kicking your butt huh?

Anyway, I am glad you're back :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6Joker told me about your mishap, Nelly, on a group ride a few days ago, so I had to come over here and find out what happened. Glad to hear you and the bike are relatively ok.

BTW, it's also nice to know the Puig frame sliders will do a good job when needed! They held up nicely!

Hope the thumb heals up quick. :thumbup:
Thanks for checking in to the forum.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you could tell a story about burning toast and make it interesting!!:D I'm glad to hear your allright.
Thanks mate,

If you can't point the finger at yourself and have a bit of a smile once in a while, life is sadly lacking.
The crash itself was the usual oh F### very surreal. Reality really hits when your a short ar5e trying to pick 450lb of cycle of the floor before anyone notices lol.