Need to know what a tool is called

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am swapping wheels with another rider, my silver for his black. My housemate who is a member of the forum just informed me I need a tool to remove the front tire. Would anyone know what this tool is called. Sorry if this was already answered on other threads I did a quick look but I am work so I have to be discrete. any help would be much appreciated

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I believe you are looking for an axle wrench to remove the large hex axle bolt.

Motion Pro T-6 CrMo Hex Axle Tool
15-8397HexAxleWrench_zoom.jpg

https://www.mid-westsportbikes.com/product.php?productid=67&cat=0&page=1&js=n

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some one in the past posted a good way to solve this with a purchase from Home Depot. You can buy cheap, a threaded rod connecting nut for 1/2" threaded rod. It will measure Approx. 3/4" or 19mm on the outside and works excellently with a 3/4" or 19mm socket. I've used it very successfully.

Hope this helps.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Another easy way to do this is to use a sparkplug socket that has the 3/4" hex at the end. Just stick a 1/2" extention in to the sparkplug side. You probably don't even need to pull out the rubber part form the inside. Most people will already have these tools in their tool box.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Another easy way to do this is to use a sparkplug socket that has the 3/4" hex at the end. Just stick a 1/2" extention in to the sparkplug side. You probably don't even need to pull out the rubber part form the inside. Most people will already have these tools in their tool box.

+1, this is how I remove mine. Free is always good.