Need some help rear tire hugger falling off

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got back from a ride and my rear turn signal was hanging. Luckily the bulb, although rattling around inside still works, and I put it back together and pushed the housing back in. However it is all scuffed up with rubber from the tire. Any ideas what I can use to clean this off without damaging the lens? Then I notice that the tire hugger lost the two bolts on the chain side that hold it on and is rubbing on the tire. Evidently it also was bouncing up and down on the hanging turn signal. Anyway know what size bolts I need to repair this?

20130531022335.jpg

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would try Goo Gone on the lens.
Don't know the size of bolts (and no FZ6 to measure them), but I do have gauges to figure out what you need.. you'll just have to pop one of the bolts out.

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the bolts on the other side are a different size if I remember correctly but could be wrong. However it sounds like I need a 6mm. Why would they both back out and get lost like that? Was there supposed to be something on the other side of the bolt? When putting it back together I just saw bolt and washer no nut.

Eric - I had the hugger glued and everything fixed up nice but evidently it didn't hold.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the bolts on the other side are a different size if I remember correctly but could be wrong. However it sounds like I need a 6mm. Why would they both back out and get lost like that? Was there supposed to be something on the other side of the bolt? When putting it back together I just saw bolt and washer no nut.

Eric - I had the hugger glued and everything fixed up nice but evidently it didn't hold.

The left side two bolt are the same(6mm x 1mm thread pitch), the others are different, check out the parts fisch for an 07 (I don't know what year your bike is):

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ6 - FZS6W REAR ARM Diagram

The aluminum swingarm is threaded and those bolts don't take much torque.

Once you get the correct bolts, use some RED locktite on the CLEAN THREADS and it won't come off again..
(there's no lock nuts as the chain is right there and would likely meet each other-NOT good)

:Sport:

Last edited:

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I think Im going to need a new one. The glue I used didn't hold and duck tape isn't working either. It got jacked up under the back of the bike again today twice. Not really safe.