Need some help from guys with Frame Sliders

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just looking into getting some uncaged frame sliders. I really like the two piece desing, and from what I've read they have the correct size and length bolts so they've been easy to install.

The problem I'm having is with the screw in pucks. The only color that's being listed is white. Am I missing something here? The photos show black, but blacks not listed as an available color.

Can someone tell me where I can find the pucks in black or suggest a different brand of slider that's a two piece system like the uncaged sliders.

TIA for any assistance.

VA FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I would suggest getting a one piece slider if at all possible. is there a reason you want/need a two piece? it would seem to me that more pieces = less structual soundness in the event of a tip. im no rocket scientist, but it would make sense to me that one solid piece would be better then two. in any event, i use the motivation sliders. very well made and the easiest mod ever. just my opinion.

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just looking into getting some uncaged frame sliders. I really like the two piece desing, and from what I've read they have the correct size and length bolts so they've been easy to install.

The problem I'm having is with the screw in pucks. The only color that's being listed is white. Am I missing something here? The photos show black, but blacks not listed as an available color.

Can someone tell me where I can find the pucks in black or suggest a different brand of slider that's a two piece system like the uncaged sliders.

TIA for any assistance.

I have the uncaged sliders, anodized black with black inserts.

I bought them direct from Uncaged
uncagedcycle.com

As for structural integrity...the insert/puck uses a fair number of course threads to engage the housing, so I am pretty comfortable that they will do their job.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that the Uncaged website only had the white pucks also, I believe somebody mentioned they were on backorder till later this summer. I'm planning on upgrading to Uncaged from FS6. Not that I've heard bad about FS6, just heard many good things about Uncaged.

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that the Uncaged website only had the white pucks also, I believe somebody mentioned they were on backorder till later this summer. I'm planning on upgrading to Uncaged from FS6. Not that I've heard bad about FS6, just heard many good things about Uncaged.

Hmmm - I would call them just to be sure.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm - I would call them just to be sure.

From the Uncaged website:

Comes with replaceable solid plastic tips (CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN WHITE ONLY), 6061-T6 machined and black anodized aluminum bases, and socket head cap mounting bolts.

Couldn't find a phone number, but found a Customer service email address and sent them an email asking about the black tips. More info to come when I hear back.

R

redzag11

Have you tried eBay? That's where I got my T-Rex sliders.....

Hey Canandian, how do you like those T-Rex sliders? I was looking at getting them as well. For all intents and purposes, are they worth the money (and by that I mean, is the quality alright for such a low price)?

What about ease of installation?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them in black too and got them last year from Uncaged directly. The white ones would work the same, but they would look a little funny. I bet they will lose a lot of business until they can get the black ones back in stock

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Not that I've heard bad about FS6, just heard many good things about Uncaged.

unless FS6 sends you the wrong bolts and won't send you the right one and then you have to go to motovation to buy the corret ones!:rant::banghead:

I would recomend motovation for their customer service alone. FS6's customer service is a joke! They say oh yeah they are in the mail wait a week, they are in the mail, wait a week, in the mail, week, in the mail, week, mail on and on and on ahhhhhhh! Go Motovation!

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Canandian, how do you like those T-Rex sliders? I was looking at getting them as well. For all intents and purposes, are they worth the money (and by that I mean, is the quality alright for such a low price)?

Thanks!

They are above average and great for the price... The only issue I had was the instructions called for the long and short slider to be installed reversed. I quickley switched them... The short slider should be on the throttle side (right), not the clutch lever side (left) as the instruction indicated. All and all, I am very happy with them.:thumbup:

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com

2-stroke

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a picture of mine after I went down I have been sending them emails about getting them replaced and they haven't gotten back to me
watermark.php

I only had damage to the rear brake lever, peg, and grab handle very minor

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like uncaged. Uncaged did not have the black puck recently (for the past month), so I went with motivation which is also a reputable and proven company. I am happy, but thankfully have not needed to test them.

2-stroke

Reaction score
Visit site
they are Uncaged sorry. If they ever get black ends in stock its way cheaper to just replace the ends. I paid 74 for mine to but I could get black they might go back up when they have black in stock

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks!
Redzag11, if you get the T-Rex I recommend you make sure that they included 10mm-1.25 pitch x100mm length bolts. They sent me 90mm length bolts which are too short...at least for a '07 FZ6. They quickly came back with the correct bolts after I e-mailed them about my story (too short bolts=stripped engine mount threads when torqued to Yamaha specs). The sliders are quality, amazingly inexpensive for what you get. General advice: All brand sliders, make sure you received correct length bolts--that they will bite as many threads as your Yamaha stock engine mount bolts.

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com

ender

ohfive
Reaction score
Visit site
eBay Motors: EXTENDED 04-08 YAMAHA FZ6 FZ 6 600 No Cut FRAME SLIDERS (item 130219311145 end time May-04-08 10:36:44 PDT)

I bought these first, but the bolts were short (fewer threads in the block than stock) when I found the right length bolts locally, the delrin plastic distorted in shape as I torqued the bolts to 40 ft.lbs. For me that was a ($17+8 shipping+bolts+time) $30 mistake.

I have ordered, intalled and tested (slow mo drop) the uncaged sliders (in black) and am very pleased.

Please practice picking your bike up before you have to do it for real! Get some help laying it down and picking it back up the first time.