Need Help with UK Purchase

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I've been having my eye on these Alpinestars Storm Rider gloves for a long time for the cooler late-Fall, early Spring riding we have here in Boston, but it looks like they've been discontinued by Alpinestars. After a ton of searching in the US, no website seems to be carrying my size (large), but I did find them on a UK Ebay listing. I've emailed them to see if they'll ship to the US, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Does anyone want to help me out and allow me to have it shipped to their home if they end up not allowing me to purchase directly to the US? I'd do the entire purchase myself and then just ask you to ship it to the US and repay you the shipping costs, so there would be minimal financial risk to whomever volunteers to help me out.

Any FZ6 brothers out there wanna help a guy out?!

Thanks,
Rob

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINESTARS-STORM-RIDER-GORETEX-MOTORCYCLE-GLOVE-SZ-L-/140372356456

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys... I'm still waiting for their response to see if I can just do this directly. Thanks Mukulu, I'll keep you posted on how this turns out. I appreciate you stepping up to the plate on this.:cheer:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Known Rob for a long time, there is no risk. However, becareful how you send it. Make sure it's shipped as a gift so that it doesn't get held up in customs.

I just went through a very similar situation with my Rev It Tarmac Air Mesh Jacket. I wanted it in the color blue, but it was not offered in that color here in North America, so my only option was for somebody to purchase it for me in Europe or the UK and then have it shipped to me as a gift. Buying it directly from a UK or Europeon vendor would have violated trade agreements with Rev It USA since the color blue is not an authorized item, and most likely would have been snagged in customs. Europeon vendors have no problem taking your money and shipping it to the states, but if it doesn't clear customs, you are essentially screwed.

By the way, I am the only rider here in North America riding around with this jacket in the color blue ;)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Rob, I bought these same gloves a few months ago and used them on the Great European Trip. They are awesome, very warm and comfortable with typical A* quality. You will be happy.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob, I bought these same gloves a few months ago and used them on the Great European Trip. They are awesome, very warm and comfortable with typical A* quality. You will be happy.

Thanks John, I'd certainly trust your opinion on moto equipment. Still waiting to hear about the trip from you both!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap-tastic, they won't ship to the US. Looks like I am going to have to employ you Mukulu. PM on the way!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll help you out, mate.
Just give me a shout if/when you need me.

Once again, Makulu you have offered to help a forum member across the pond. Although I never had to take up on your generosity, I remembered you offering to help when I was trying to figure out a way to get my jacket from the UK/Europe.

Remind me to buy you a drink whenever I get my ass over to London.

Cheers,

Kenny

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Once again, Makulu you have offered to help a forum member across the pond. Although I never had to take up on your generosity, I remembered you offering to help when I was trying to figure out a way to get my jacket from the UK/Europe.

Remind me to buy you a drink whenever I get my ass over to London.

Cheers,

Kenny

Same goes for me or if you ever end up in Boston...