Need Help with Sliders.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased over the internet a pair of FZ6 slides from D-Moto in Cali. I waited a week for the delivery. When I got the sliders I realized they seemed different from what I ordered. I got back on the site and found they shipped me a cheaper set of sliders that go on a FZ1. I called them and told them the situation. They made me email them a pic of the package, sliders, and receipt. I did so and havent heard from them so far. I am going to call Monday but was wondering I don't know if its worth fulling with them or not. Would the FZ1 sliders fit my bike. I know there cheaper than the one I originally ordered but don't know if its worth fulling with someone who can't get there order right. What do you guys think.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased over the internet a pair of FZ6 slides from D-Moto in Cali. I waited a week for the delivery. When I got the sliders I realized they seemed different from what I ordered. I got back on the site and found they shipped me a cheaper set of sliders that go on a FZ1. I called them and told them the situation. They made me email them a pic of the package, sliders, and receipt. I did so and havent heard from them so far. I am going to call Monday but was wondering I don't know if its worth fulling with them or not. Would the FZ1 sliders fit my bike. I know there cheaper than the one I originally ordered but don't know if its worth fulling with someone who can't get there order right. What do you guys think.
Return them mate and get a refund, don't settle for mediocrity. You have paid a full and fair price so you should expect a full and fair service. If you paid by credit card get the payment stopped and get the shop to send you a postage bag to return them.

Nelly

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I would do a chargeback if, as you say, the quality is not what you saw originally. Of course, you'll have to send documentation to credit card company (unless D-Moto agrees to take care of you voluntarily) Warning: be extra careful if you do install them because if your slider bolts don't bite as many threads as do your engine mount bolts you risk stripping your engine mount threads if you fully torque them to 40 ft. lbs. Make SURE that the threads will bite into the same amount of engine mount threads as your stock mount bolts! (how come Google search doesn't turn up "D-Moto"?)

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Return them mate and get a refund, don't settle for mediocrity. You have paid a full and fair price so you should expect a full and fair service. If you paid by credit card get the payment stopped and get the shop to send you a postage bag to return them.

Nelly

But thanks. I usually don't give up on stuff I buy. Its just I use to get all mad and tore up over stuff like this. I hate it when ppl do stuff like this. I am trying to see past it. Im stay calm not get mad and take care of the issue. Thanks for help.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought me some sliders from D2moto and finally got them. I was putting them on and checking previous threads on sliders. I seen someone said they needed just 40lbs of torque. Is that the case or true rather? I was tightening the bolts in the sliders and hit 40lbs of torque quite easily. I mean I wasn't even trying and the wrench clicked. I was wanting to know is it really that easy to get 40lbs of torque? Also I tightend them just alittle past what seemed 40lbs of torque. They seemed just way to loose. Could I do any damage?

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Also I tightend them just alittle past what seemed 40lbs of torque. They seemed just way to loose. Could I do any damage?

The bolts are going into the aluminum head on the bike, you risk stripping the threads if you over torque.

Is that a pic of your sliders? And if so, are both sliders as long as the one in the pic? If not, the longer one should go on the bikes left side. It needs to stick out further to protect the transmission cover.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Ooops, I should have advised you to check the torque on your engine mount bolts before you installed your sliders. That way you can be more confident about the torque business. Ditto on the longest (if they are different) slider going on the clutch lever side. If for some reason you still feel that the sliders are still not tightened enough (s/b 40lbs) then maybe I would re-install sliders with Loctite (the temporary version) or equivalant. The photo of the slider looks nice!

W

wrightme43

Bolts stretch, the actual action of strecthing is what holds them tight. Each thread is stretched some, most people over tighten everything. Which over stretches the metal, which when the stress cycles begin, allows the bolts to loosen, prompting even more tightening, and a repeating cycle untill failure.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hollow, that's a LONG slider! What's the other one look like? If they are different lengths, the longer one goes on the clutch-side of the bike, ok?

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The bolts are going into the aluminum head on the bike, you risk stripping the threads if you over torque.

Is that a pic of your sliders? And if so, are both sliders as long as the one in the pic? If not, the longer one should go on the bikes left side. It needs to stick out further to protect the transmission cover.
Yes, and they are the same length.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hollow, that's a LONG slider! What's the other one look like? If they are different lengths, the longer one goes on the clutch-side of the bike, ok?
Yeah bud there the same length and for some reason like them sticking out that far. I don't know why but I like the way it looks.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
O by the way guys I took the sliders off today and put them back on. I used the blue lock tight, and torqued them to exactly 40lbs of torque. I appreciate all of you guys help with this and thanks for the complaments.:thumbup:

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought me some sliders from D2moto and finally got them. I was putting them on and checking previous threads on sliders. I seen someone said they needed just 40lbs of torque. Is that the case or true rather? I was tightening the bolts in the sliders and hit 40lbs of torque quite easily. I mean I wasn't even trying and the wrench clicked. I was wanting to know is it really that easy to get 40lbs of torque? Also I tightend them just alittle past what seemed 40lbs of torque. They seemed just way to loose. Could I do any damage?

You might want to get your torque wrench checked/calibrated.