need help stat!!!

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
well i took my rear sets off to paint them black and well after i put the right one back on.. u know the one that controls the rear brake... well the brake light remains on... the brake is not engaged... i can guarantee that.. everything works great and looks great with the exception of the brake light... does anyone know what to do... thanks :(

S

sportrider

did you hook up the return spring? maybe you have the switch out of adjustment.

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
ya i hooked everything up the way it was... to be honest i actually painted that one while it was still on the bike... i covered the bike behind it... i was trying to avoid this lol... any other ideas?

A

Aggietaco

Consulted the FSM yet?

I've never removed them, so I don't know the exact process, but I'd double check to make sure you re-installed all cables and connections, which it sounds like you didn't.

S

sportrider

not having an FZ6 at my disposal I looked on my R1. when the brake is engaged the "little" spring pulls the plunger out illuminating the light. check and see if your switch is fully retracted. you may have knocked the switch or bent the small spring when you were "shielding" the rear set for paint.

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
ok i fixed it :Flash::Flash: the return spring was on but upon closer inspection the spring got twist somehow and thus it was unable to return all the way in the sensor... so thanks for your help :) :thumbup:

A

Aggietaco

haha what is the FSM? i should prob knwo that haha

For future use, the FSM is the Factory Service Manual. The maintenance manual that the dealership uses when working on your bike. I know I've seen a link to it on the site, because I've printed it off, but I dont have it handy at the moment.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Glad you got it fixed!

When I installed my RIZOMA rearsets, I ran into the same thing. I ended up just stretching the spring out a bit and it solved the problem.

Any pic's of your painted rearsets?