Need an advice

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
What would you get: -

2007 22.8k miles few prev owners, upgrades: yoshi can.
OR -
2008 6.5k miles one owner, upgrades: seat (I think corbin or alike) and windshield.

Difference in price - $1000 more for 2008

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Assuming your speaking of the FZ6 the 07 will need the valve lash checked pretty soon. Unless you do it yourself it will not be cheap. You will probably be able to find a used aftermarket exhaust for decent price. With the nicer seat I think your not spending more on the 08 in a few months time. Get the 08. :)

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely the 2008. Paying a mechanic to do the valve check at 26k miles will cost you the $1000.

This is assuming you find the seat upgrade to be comfortable. The stock seat isn't great for long rides.

Just watch for signs of neglect or disuse on a bike that has basically not been ridden in its 8-year lifespan. Bad battery, rusty chain, flat spots on tires, etc.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, I'm sorry but forgot to mention that it is not an FZ6... silly. They both 1250 Bandit. The FZ6 will be ridden solo, and Bandit for 2up's.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have greater concern on low mile vehicles that sit for extended periods. If stored improperly they can be in worse condition from neglect than a higher mileage DD...

You decide this when you see them.
Good luck, what ever you decide!

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
I have greater concern on low mile vehicles that sit for extended periods. If stored improperly they can be in worse condition from neglect than a higher mileage DD...

You decide this when you see them.
Good luck, what ever you decide!
That is also my thought. If the bike was driven it can be in a better comdition.
2008 bike with 6.5k miles was driven approx 800 mile a year. And most likely that it isn't consistant riding, like it could stay put for months or even years without moving...

PS
the owner sais that the front tire needs to be replaced soon. I don't see how it should be needing replacement just on over 6k.

Last edited:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Friend of mine has a clean 2008 with 15k miles, brand new tires, aftermarket exhaust, and topcase in Southern CT for sale, it's posted in the for sale section here.

6k on a front tire isnt abnormal, even still, the OEM tire is still 8 years old, so I would replace it anyways (at least $150 mounted and balanced, with the wheel off the bike).

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Friend of mine has a clean 2008 with 15k miles, brand new tires, aftermarket exhaust, and topcase in Southern CT for sale, it's posted in the for sale section here.
Is it a Bandit he's selling?

Gees, where are you getting these ridicules prices?? $1000 valves adjusting, $150 tire replacing off the wheel... :)

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd lean toward the newer bike BUT, looking at both, in person, one will stand out better than the other...

I'd probably look around a Bandit forum for any issues and if one year had any significant updates (like the S1 and S2)..