Need Advice!

S

sm00thpapa

I would of went for the FZ6 but I hate naked bikes. So I went for the FZ6R styling. My next bike will be the R6 then the R1 in the future. I am staying loyal to Yamaha for now.

S

sm00thpapa

Man you guys are old!!!! :spank:

Don't worry you'll be up there before you know it. Just enjoy every minute of your life cause you never know when the lord is going to take you. Ride safe....:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is me, I'm almost 60 yrs old, entering a turn on the South Grade of Palomar Mountain. 66 turns(pretty tight) in almost 7 miles.

Don't ever listen to that! You decide!

In fact, if they say that again, get em in a head lock flip em and pin em! :spank::spank::spank:

:rockon::rockon:YeeeeeeHaaaaaa!:rockon::rockon:

Go get your bike man......:thumbup:

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
This is me, I'm almost 60 yrs old, entering a turn on the South Grade of Palomar Mountain. 66 turns(pretty tight) in almost 7 miles.

Don't ever listen to that! You decide!

In fact, if they say that again, get em in a head lock flip em and pin em! :spank::spank::spank:

:rockon::rockon:YeeeeeeHaaaaaa!:rockon::rockon:

Go get your bike man......:thumbup:

Pretty tight is a Major Understatement!!! Those turns will decrease on you and eat you alive. Going downhill is freakin wicked!

Willard

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be 62 in October. I bought a FZ6 this winter and already have over 8000 kms. The FZ6 is a great sport tourer, lots of aftermarket improvements readily available. It has exceeded my expectations. Go for it, you will not be disappointed.

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 55 and plan to ride till the training wheels fall off!

Also 55 and I just sold my stodgy cruiser for an 09 FZ6. Really having fun with it. Put textile saddle bags on, grip puppies and a GPS mount and I'm off.

So try to get a test ride, and try it for yourself. It's sometines tough to get a ride on a new one but often if you can find a dealer who has a used one they'll let you test ride it.

It certainly not a matter of age.:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty tight is a Major Understatement!!! Those turns will decrease on you and eat you alive. Going downhill is freakin wicked!

I know! The first time I road it I hit a decreasing radius up there and I was in a little fast but was fine through it all. Went up and down "The Tight Side" today and took some video. Love that road. It's the most fun I've ridden yet although all the rides here have there own sweet spots. Scraped my boots today. Don't have those stalks on the pegs anymore and just ordered a set of those custom pegs from Luckyirishboy. Yeah you know :rockon:"The Tight Side" :rockon:

Cliff

Last edited:

WenMark

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay Guys I went to the Dealer I test drove both the FZ6 2009 9 (new) & 07 (used) models. Both rode nice. I made an offer of $3800 on the 2007
but (20k miles) Is that too high?? They wanted $4200 +ttt. I was just wondering if you think that is a good deal. Any comment would be appreciated or advice on what to look out for. Thanks Mark

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
I was 48 when I started riding (FZ6 is my first bike). Like an idiot, I'm sure I'll move to a bigger bike long before I come anywhere close to mastering it (but what the heck).

It's been a very good experience and I'd recommend the bike. Only thing different, I'd sell the Berg and pick up a "new" used FZ (with very low miles - in this economy, folks are dumping toys like crazy) as you'll save at least $500 on the new bike and get far more than a trade on the scooter.

Kliph

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings,

As U can see I am a "newb" to this forum.

I am trying to find out as much as I can about the FZ6 prior to buying one this fall or early spring. As for age - I'm 58.
I am the original owner of a 1982 XJ650 - Seca - An air cooled, inline 4 cylinder machine. It currently has 130,000kms on the clock, with the original pistons, rings, valves etc. It still burns zero oil. I just came back from my yearly 4 day WVa ride (from Southern Ontario)

Anyways, I believe it's time for a new ride and methinks the FZ6 is the ride for me. In essence, it is an updated XJ: a naked inline 4.

One is NEVER too old to ride.

And, only bikers understand why a dog hangs it's head out of a car window.

Cliff