Naked to Faired

swamp

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys, I've got a chance to buy a 2008 FZ6-N S2. It looks pretty awesome and the price is low due to some minor scratches from a drop.

However, I was initially looking for the 'S' version. So my question is, if I wanted to later could I convert it to the S version? What kind of price am I looking at?

I can find plenty of threads for going from S to N, but not the other way around

mduhon

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys, I've got a chance to buy a 2008 FZ6-N S2. It looks pretty awesome and the price is low due to some minor scratches from a drop.

However, I was initially looking for the 'S' version. So my question is, if I wanted to later could I convert it to the S version? What kind of price am I looking at?

I can find plenty of threads for going from S to N, but not the other way around

I have the same feeling of converting from N to S if I bought a N bike too. I personally don't understand the desire for the N but that's me. I made my FZ from having a 1/4 fairing to full fairing for $300 and I've seen the upper parts for under $300 around the forums and ebay. I don't know but I think they might have a full kit on ebay for around $550. Can't promise on that one, its been awhile. Hope this helps some

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely your best bet would be to watch the forum for someone converting to 'N' and interested in selling their fairings/headlight/mounts. I've personally gone the 'N' route, but also switched back to stock. Going back to stock wasn't hard at all after knowing where it all came from. Probably took me around 2 hours total.

swamp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.
Doesn't sound too bad, upper fairing for around 300 and then the dual headlights, which I figure could be expensive?

I tried sneaking a peak before I posted on ebay but the only kits I stumbled upon were for 'S' to 'N' I'm affraid.

Zackeeboy: How about wiring? instrument cluster thing looks the same on both so maybe that's not a problem?

Nolift911

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be selling all of my fairings and lights - going naked...this is a 2005 with all parts in mint condition, no marks.

What parts do you have from the naked?

swamp

Reaction score
Visit site
Nolift911: No parts, seeing as how I haven't bought the bike yet :)
Anyway, I don't even know if 2005 parts would fit the S2 model so there's that too

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.
Doesn't sound too bad, upper fairing for around 300 and then the dual headlights, which I figure could be expensive?

I tried sneaking a peak before I posted on ebay but the only kits I stumbled upon were for 'S' to 'N' I'm affraid.

Zackeeboy: How about wiring? instrument cluster thing looks the same on both so maybe that's not a problem?

I guess it depends on the naked kit, but I believe that most kits still use the same instruments, therefore no problem there. Signals might be different, but hopefully plug and play. If they're the stock signals, then again no problem. Running light could changed, unless blinkers were left as running lights as well, therefore shouldn't be any wiring... Member Motogiro is AWESOME with the wiring stuff - he has helped me out a ton with just the little projects that I have undertaken.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
S1 parts will fit on the S2 since you re starting fresh, however the gauge cluster and interior fairing panels are different so the S2 standard issue cluster will simply not fit in the S1 inner fairing, as the S1 are designed for the round cluster.

swamp

Reaction score
Visit site
alright, thanks for all the help guys. I've decided to go for this naked version I've found ... provided I can strike a good deal with the seller. I hope we can reach an agreement, Im so ready to take a bike apart this winter :)

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
alright, thanks for all the help guys. I've decided to go for this naked version I've found ... provided I can strike a good deal with the seller. I hope we can reach an agreement, Im so ready to take a bike apart this winter :)

Good luck.:cheer: