Naked Time?

chris@flatout

Parts Guy
Reaction score
www.flatoutmotorcycles.com
Just wanted to let you guys know that flatoutmotorcycles ecommerce has been sold to a company named partshark.com as you guys can figure I'm chris mentioned in this thread. So if you are wanting to go with the naked kit let me know. You can reach me at toll free 877-999-5686 or send me an email at [email protected]

I just got/installed my kit from Flatout - give them a call/talk with Chris - they'll take care of you. You'll need to get/modify a bracket for the top also - a little extra work but worth it.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know that flatoutmotorcycles ecommerce has been sold to a company named partshark.com as you guys can figure I'm chris mentioned in this thread. So if you are wanting to go with the naked kit let me know. You can reach me at toll free 877-999-5686 or send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks for the update, Chris! I have flatout bookmarked on my computer and I would have freaked out if I didn't know how to contact you about the kit!

On that note, its looking like the end of summer is when I'll have the funds I'll need, so please keep us updated if anything else changes. Thanks again! :thumbup:

chris@flatout

Parts Guy
Reaction score
www.flatoutmotorcycles.com
No problem I sure will. Check out the new website PartShark.com --- Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Apparel, & Merchandise. and tell me what you guys think.

Thanks for the update, Chris! I have flatout bookmarked on my computer and I would have freaked out if I didn't know how to contact you about the kit!

On that note, its looking like the end of summer is when I'll have the funds I'll need, so please keep us updated if anything else changes. Thanks again! :thumbup:

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I think its time. I priced all the parts on the FZ1OA thread minus the bulbs and it came out to $464. I know there's a couple other parts I don't need, can anyone tell me what they are? Thanks!

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
You don't need the rubber cover for the bulb socket either..
Besides that there are a few more bits and pieces that you won't use, maybe $5 worth, but noone ever kept a list of exactly which..

shawn66mcl

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of changing headlights my FZ1N headlight just came in for my FZ6. I'm looking at the mounting system and my bike and noticed it's not a match. I was just wondering what was involved in the conversion? Has anyone else done this that could give me some advice? Do I have to buy and more parts or can I just machine the ones I already have? I say this because it looks like the ignition gets in the way of the bracket. Do I need a new fork clamp and relocate the ignition or do i trim the bracket, or am I just an idiot and it fits already? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of changing headlights my FZ1N headlight just came in for my FZ6. I'm looking at the mounting system and my bike and noticed it's not a match. I was just wondering what was involved in the conversion? Has anyone else done this that could give me some advice? Do I have to buy and more parts or can I just machine the ones I already have? I say this because it looks like the ignition gets in the way of the bracket. Do I need a new fork clamp and relocate the ignition or do i trim the bracket, or am I just an idiot and it fits already? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look in the streetfighter sections for the FZ1N threads by victorb and tom5798 (or some similar number). They made a bracket to mount the light to the lower triple.

Also, yes, you have to cut a part of the bracket off so that the ignition isn't in the way.

That should be it.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Alrighty then! I have placed my order with Chris for my FZ1N kit. I also ordered some cheapo bar-mounted mirrors from fly-n-cycle. I was going to get a pair of Rizomas but they would have been almost $200 for the pair and the neccessary mounting hardware. I spent $30 on the cheap ones. I win.

Anyway, once it all arrives, if I'm not too lazy, I will start a thread for this mod. It will be titled "FZ1N Headlight Mod for Dummies," and will be written by a dummy as well. Given my limited tools, workspace, and mechanical skills I will try to break it down as simply as I possible can so that other non petrol-heads can do the mod too.

Later!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
good stuff... glad to hear you will be doing this soon.. so is there a chance that you will be riding this year yet??? hows the thumb??

also take lots of pics, before during and after.. we all like pics:rockon:

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!
How much is the kit these days? Did the price go up since they sold their online business to partshark?

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
good stuff... glad to hear you will be doing this soon.. so is there a chance that you will be riding this year yet??? hows the thumb??

also take lots of pics, before during and after.. we all like pics:rockon:

Everything should be here next week, I will hopefully install everything next weekend, then I'm hitting the road!

My thumb is a lot better. I can't bend it all the way but I can grip just fine. The flexibility will come back in time. I do have a cool scar though! :thumbup: <--the good thumb!

Nice!
How much is the kit these days? Did the price go up since they sold their online business to partshark?

It was still $495 shipped, but I had him take out the extra bulb and socket cover which saved like $12. Not sure of the exact total though since I ordered some other stuff too.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Everything should be here next week, I will hopefully install everything next weekend, then I'm hitting the road!

My thumb is a lot better. I can't bend it all the way but I can grip just fine. The flexibility will come back in time. I do have a cool scar though! :thumbup: <--the good thumb!

It was still $495 shipped, but I had him take out the extra bulb and socket cover which saved like $12. Not sure of the exact total though since I ordered some other stuff too.

Jon - Do you still need the bracket? Sorry, I've been helping out my parents of late - could be back Sunday to work on it if you need it.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Jon - Do you still need the bracket? Sorry, I've been helping out my parents of late - could be back Sunday to work on it if you need it.

That would be great! Let me know if you get around to making it this weekend and we can figure out the details later. If you can't get to it, but can get the measurements, that would help too. I'll figure out a Plan B then. Thanks!

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Me! said:

Tomorrow, tomorrow! They'll be here, tomorrow! Its only a daaaayyy awaaaayyy!!!!

(Pardon the post-whoring, I'm really excited and you're the only people who can understand why!)