Naked Headlight Bracket Question

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

This is a pretty dumb question, but I have to ask. I just purchased these to mount a new headlight:

41mm - 43mm Steath Headlight Brackets Streetfighter Fork Café Racer Motorcycle | eBay

I thought I'd just be able to split the rubber bushing, open the clamp up, and wrap them around the fork. The problem is they are almost impossible to open and close!

Do people really expect you to remove the forks to mount some headlight brackets? Only reason I bought them is because they were cheap. I couldn't find any other ones in 43mm that were decent for less than $180. I could design my own, but sending them off to a machine shop for milling and finish would be $200+.

Any help would be appreciated.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i put on a clamp similar to that on my friends gsxr. its easy just jack the bike up while on its center stand, remove the front wheel and calipers and unbolt the pinch bolts on the upper and lower triples and they slide right out :thumbup:

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Another option is a 2-piece clamshell bracket, which is what I used for my 50mm forks, bought them from CNC (cool n' comfy), they're a UK company, got my set of four stainless steel 50mm clamps for $54 USD, they don't have them listed on the site so you'll have to send them an e-mail, here's the site Home - Cool n Comfy: Superbike performance - Touring comfort., or you can call them @ 07894 900 971 ask for Matt.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Could you post a pic of them on the bike? What headlight do you have?

I haven't done the conversion yet, but when I do I'll post pics. Waiting until the riding season ends before I start tearing at everything.

I wound up purchasing different brackets which I will need to modify, and I have a custom Honda Sonic type headlight.