Naked FZ6

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Got home today from work and had a package waiting for me. It was quite interesting installing these good thing i had some descent power tools to work with, i had to drill out the threaded sleeve that the original bar ends screwed into after about an hours work this is what ive got.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
One step closer im waiting on headlight brackets and 7/8 handlebar clamps to mount the speedo to, the bracket i made interferes with headlight placement so i ordered some up and then will be road worthy again, until the next mod...

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Got home today from work and had a package waiting for me. It was quite interesting installing these good thing i had some descent power tools to work with, i had to drill out the threaded sleeve that the original bar ends screwed into after about an hours work this is what ive got.

Hmm, very interesting. I received my new mirrors yesterday, and am also waiting for 7/8ths clamps for my speedo. And my bike is blue. We must be alternate universe twins. :thumbup:

Anyway, lookin' good man. Can't wait to see the final shots.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, very interesting. I received my new mirrors yesterday, and am also waiting for 7/8ths clamps for my speedo. And my bike is blue. We must be alternate universe twins. :thumbup:

Anyway, lookin' good man. Can't wait to see the final shots.

LOL! stranger things have happened in the universe:eek:, thanks for the comment, im eager to get this done so i can get some pics of the NAKED ONE! thats all i hear anymore were are pics...:don'tknow: all in good time!

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Got some more goodies today:rockon:, so guess what ive been doing for the last couple hours... this is a blast!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude very nice job! It reminds me of avogt's bike... before he wrecked it that is :D

The only thing I`d do is drop the headlight by about an inch of a bit less... I like is lower, as it makes for a more aggressive look imo... oh and I`d get some LSL bars too :)

Anyway, it looks great! :thumbup:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude very nice job! It reminds me of avogt's bike... before he wrecked it that is :D

The only thing I`d do is drop the headlight by about an inch of a bit less... I like is lower, as it makes for a more aggressive look imo... oh and I`d get some LSL bars too :)

Anyway, it looks great! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the advice i appreciate it:thumbup:. Although this is a great set up i wasnt happy with the way i had to offset the gauge cluster, so while counting sheep and sawing logs last night an idea came to me and this morning i acted upon this idea and this is what i came up with. Bars are difinitly on the must do list! next week.

Last edited:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my Harri's grip http://www.starcycle.com/street/harris.html ordered and im going to local bike shop to check out bars, so by the end of the week i'll hope to have most of this project wrapped up. Id like to thank all of you who have commented and gave advice on this transformation i really do appreciate it!

Last edited:

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice i appreciate it:thumbup:. Although this is a great set up i wasnt happy with the way i had to offset the gauge cluster, so while counting sheep and sawing logs last night an idea came to me and this morning i acted upon this idea and this is what i came up with. Bars are difinitly on the must do list! next week.

That's pretty clever there! I biased mine to the left though. I have the exact same bar clamps, (I guess we both took Wavex's advice) Either way, lookin' good man, lookin' good! I hope to have mine completely done sometime this week.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
That's pretty clever there! I biased mine to the left though. I have the exact same bar clamps, (I guess we both took Wavex's advice) Either way, lookin' good man, lookin' good! I hope to have mine completely done sometime this week.

Definitly a great solution to mounting the gauge cluster to, the bar clamps are, but i wanted to beable use the part of the fairing that originally screwed to the cluster to hide the wiring and to do so the cluster had to be centered.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
PayDay! finally got my bars, just got done installing them and im trippin, took it for a quick spin and whoa! completely different ride now, its gonna take a bit of getting used to, definitly more comfortable on the wrists tho! just waiting on my new grips to get here now.

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Pure pimpness! Me likey. I just finished mine yesterday too. But I'm a doof, and didn't take any pictures. I will today though. But my bike has way cooler custom scratches on the clutch cover.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Pure pimpness! Me likey. I just finished mine yesterday too. But I'm a doof, and didn't take any pictures. I will today though. But my bike has way cooler custom scratches on the clutch cover.

Thanks man, its taken a bit of time but hey its kept me busy and out of trouble LOL! now if my grips and paint would get here id be just about done, until the next couple add on's...:rockon:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Put together a lil vid of the finished product, here it is
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrerFktZ13U"]YouTube - NAKED FZ6[/ame]
gotta finish the welds on my bracket and this conversion is done!:rockon:

Last edited: