Naked Conversion

VNP3

Reaction score
Visit site
I was browsing through the conversion thread and i really want to turn my 09 fz6 in a nakid monster, i just wanted to see if people could spit ball some prices and ideas, and do i need to buy an actually conversion kit.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking into this as well. This link should help:
FS:- FZ6N Naked FZ6 Headlight assembly---NEW--$275 - Sportbikes.net

For $275 you get a kit made by Yamaha for an Asian model called FZ16 I believe. It's supposed to bolt right on but you have to splice the headlight and turn signal wires. Also, the speedo assy has to be "played with" to get it mounted.

I am interested in going naked to reduce turbulence noise. However, as an East coast rider, the windscreen is useful for cooler temps. I cut down my stock screen, and added cut-outs, but there is little difference in noise compared to the Puig screen. If I shrug my shoulders the noise goes way down so maybe a different helmet would help. I've been checking out the new Shoei Qwest.

Tim

VNP3

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Mac, i am also an east coast rider so i figured that during the off season it would give me an opportunity to become acclimated with the bike. Plus i just think the monster look is cool. Have you started yours yet.

Any one else have any suggestions?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with twin Dominator setup (search in streetfighter forum will get you all the info). The cost including aftermarket turn signals and mirrors is right around $300.
It does require fabricating your own speedo bracket and if you want a clean look wiring harness has to be modified (cut out bulky plugs) and pulled into the frame.
I'm happy with my setup.