My VS02 conversion

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
At first it seems daunting but once you tear into it it's not bad at all. Few hours or so. GPS is on a $7 ball mount from amazon and a cig port from harbor freight.

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all!

Those are 2nd gen R6 rearsets (03-05) with oso2k's setback plates.

The stay mounts where the horns bracket screws into the lower triple.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
So did you have to remove the horn bracket or does it somehow go back on? Also when I tried just removing the horn bracket it seems like the screws with just the 20mm spacers are too long, am I supposed to put washers also?

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
They are too long really. And yes you do use spacers and washers. I took the horn off the main bracket and left just the little metal tab and then put it on the throttle side of the stay screws. Then I just bent the tab bracket upwards to hide the horn behind the light.

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the photos! Adding the washers seems to have helped, the only issue is now I don't have enough washer to mount the other parts. :BLAA: Guess I'll be making a trip to Ace.

Update:
Well I picked up some washers and got everything installed today. It appears that my stay is bent or something, the two side bolts (on the headlight) are too far away from the stay. This required more spacers and longer bolts. :( Also the middle tab on the little upper fairing is broken (came that way). So when I ride around it bounces up and down making an awful clicking noise.

But it does look good!

Last edited: