My Power Commander V, I HATE it!!

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
PCV is meant for 09+ models ONLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I read on their website somewhere. You can't even choose it...Why would they let you buy it if it specifically says it doesn't work.

How are people claiming to use them on their 06's? I don't get this at all lmfao

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2 bros juice box

But those are made by DJ, same difference.

All I know is my PCIII worked fine. Maybe the option is to go that route and skip the firmware issue?

Or forget the whole thing, call ECUnleased and get the ECU reflashed and not have to worry about any piggybacks to FU and/or fail? Thats what I did. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PCV is meant for 09+ models ONLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only because they didn't develop a map for it. Once the PCV came out, regardless of make, model, they only develop that year forward - for the most part.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Because their website states:

Fz6 09+ PCV
FZ6 09- PCIII

Right, the end plugs of the devices are the same and plug right in. The difference is no map for '09- for the PCV.

For example for my '06 FZ1 they only sell the PCIII, but the PCV works fine.

That said a new flash is the way to go, times change.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Right, the end plugs of the devices are the same and plug right in. The difference is no map for '09- for the PCV.

I'm NO electronics or mechanical expert, so I'll only go with what manufacturers tell me.

I have PCIII on my 08 and it is absolutely awesome :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

When they reflash/unlock the ECU is it then accessible to a tuner so you can remap it on the dyno?

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to send my PCV into Dynojet early on for similar symptoms and they did the reflash to correct issues with the batch injectors. Turn around was under two weeks and it has worked great since. Over two seasons and many updates later. Even updating the firmware hasn't messed it up, do whatever change they made sticks. Te part that bugs me is they were pretty aware of the issue when I called and said I had an FZ6, so I wish they could make the change ahead of time. But at least it works well. Dyno run is set for the spring.

The autotune, however, is another story altogether.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

pspisak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone, well I took the liberty of asking DynoJet if the PCV was going to be aporblem, here is the answer:

Paul, There was an issue in the past for the FZ6, but it has been fixed in the newer firmware versions. The latest firmware is version V0.1.8.3. You can check the version of firmware on the unit you receive, and update it for free if it is much older than current.

Dynojet Research
2191 Mendenhall Dr
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
800-992-4993

Seems the PCV issue has been cleared up from previous problems for 09 models, however models prior to 09 may want to be verified as they may require a PCIII.

Cheers!

:Sport:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to send my PCV into Dynojet early on for similar symptoms and they did the reflash to correct issues with the batch injectors. Turn around was under two weeks and it has worked great since. Over two seasons and many updates later. Even updating the firmware hasn't messed it up, do whatever change they made sticks. Te part that bugs me is they were pretty aware of the issue when I called and said I had an FZ6, so I wish they could make the change ahead of time. But at least it works well. Dyno run is set for the spring.

The autotune, however, is another story altogether.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Autotune... that can make you go nuts, isn't it? It took me about 1 month to figure it out... I think I did more tuning by feel than with At. It kind of nice to tune the top end over 60% throttle... other than that it doesn't really do what it's suppose to. At the price... better invest in a good dyno run tune/run.

Did you try the Acceleration Pump on the PCV?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When they reflash/unlock the ECU is it then accessible to a tuner so you can remap it on the dyno?

No the reflash is a one time deal. You tell them what mods you have and they adjust the flash around that configuration.

When I had the FZ1 flashed we compared the before and after CO% results on the dyno (Custom tune vs. reflash). They were spot on, no need to tune any further at all. Trim values were only 1 or 2 points one way or the other, or within margin of error ranges. Also the WOT sweep test plots laid on top of one another. I sold my PCIII.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
No the reflash is a one time deal. You tell them what mods you have and they adjust the flash around that configuration.

When I had the FZ1 flashed we compared the before and after CO% results on the dyno (Custom tune vs. reflash). They were spot on, no need to tune any further at all. Trim values were only 1 or 2 points one way or the other, or within margin of error ranges. Also the WOT sweep test plots laid on top of one another. I sold my PCIII.

Too bad there is no-one in/around Belgium that will do the ECUnleashed flash...
Closest I can find on the ECUnleashed site is Denmark :eek:

I guess it will be the PCIII for me.... :don'tknow:

Grtz,

Degake

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No-one has told me why the F*** THE pc5 is only good for an 09 fz6???? cause there aint one single difference between an 09 fz6, and a 07, or 08 FZ6, in terms of OEM Specifications!

:confused:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Grtz,

Degake

fleebay an ECM, run it for a bit and have it flashed. . . When happy, sell the extra. . . just a thought. . . Or drop ship to unleashed then ship to you if you trust the seller.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Grtz,

Degake

You mail it to a retailer and they do the flash and send it back to you. Unless that are laws that prevent you from doing so give them a call and mail it in. Turn around is pretty quick.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Q? Does anyone know if PC supports a Wideband O2 sensor? Or any other brand for that manner juice box etc.?

It seems like this would be great application if they accept Wideband O2's as the ability to measure ranges from AFRs of 20:1 to 7:1.

Thanks!

Last edited: