My new Triumph Tiger 800

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Well I went and did it, bought a Tiger 800 and for the short distance I drove it today all seems good. Rides better than the FZ on San Berdo's crap roads and handles the twisties almost as good, probably a little more saddle time and I should go just as fast(for me). Turning radius is actually just a bit wider than the FZ but still good.
I figured I'm not getting any younger and while I can still ride it was time to try something different. The sound of the exhaust with the Arrow brings a smile to my face and I haven't gone over 7K yet. Shifts really smooth and even has a gear indicator:thumbup:
So due to the fact I'm just a poor old phart I reluctantly have to sell my FZ, so look for it in the FS:D
P10008491024x768.jpg

And my summer riding gear, of course I wear a helmet:BLAA:
P10008541024x767.jpg

Jerry:D

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I'm jealous!

I've been eyeing up that non XC version too. Unfortunately, I'm young enough that I have to do the sensible thing and wait a few years to pick up a used model. Easier said than done!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Jerry! Awesome bike! Now get on the CNC and make some new video camera mounting brackets! :D

That's so great! :BLAA:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jerry, you dog! :Flip::D

What a great bike for you. But you Triumph converts are killing me..:BLAA:

Can wait to see it next weekend when we come down. Ride safe and enjoy the heck out of it. :thumbup:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha! Nice! Another turns to the Dark Side. :BLAA:

You even got the fancy Arrow!

Congrats Jerry! :rockon:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
what a nice machine!!!

Triumph motorcycles recently started business here in Colombia, in the two main cities - Bogotá the capital and Medellín where I live - awesome looking and performing machines, I had the great opportunity to test ride the same day about three montsh ago the Tiger 1050, speed triple 1050 and Daytona 675, just a couple of weeks ago I test rode the street triple 675, all of them awesome machines, really looking forward to ride the tiger 800 or 800xc.

My jaw actually drops to the floor everytime I pass in front of our local shop jejeje, and I invent any excuse to get into since the sales guy is a friend (he used to work before in a couple of yamaha shops).

So Jerry congratulations on your purchase and enjoy it as much as you can, I know you will 'cause you lucky dude already have the time :BLAA:

and it doesn't matter you turned to the dark side (what a SHINING dark side jeje) you are still my hero as well :D

Cheers :thumbup:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I like those a lot, how is the power compared to your old bike?

To be honest I don't know:rolleyes: I haven't cranked on the throttle yet but so far it looks to be promising. I don't think the Tiger will have quite the high RPM rush as the FZ but with the exhaust note it has I don't think it will matter:D

Jerry

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:steve:

Congrats Jerry!

Got my eye on that bike myself. Perfect fit for me.

Looking forward to many pics and ride reports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest I don't know:rolleyes: I haven't cranked on the throttle yet but so far it looks to be promising. I don't think the Tiger will have quite the high RPM rush as the FZ but with the exhaust note it has I don't think it will matter:D

Jerry

Will you be breaking it in on the big NorCal/SoCal ride??? :rockon:

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! I test rode the Tiger at Americade - nice 24 mile ride in the twisties with a broken in Tiger 800. it was great! Much more torque everywhere than the FZ6 and quite flickable due to the narrow tires. I really like the triple engine. Nice choice! Enjoy!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!! I too am jealous! I'd be able to explore more dirt roads on the Tiger.. on my FZ.. I just turn around in shame :(