My new fz6 pics

Skybow388

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I'm fairly new here and though I would introduce my self I'm sky and I'm 19. I drive an 06 blue fz6. Here are some pics
yju5ama8.jpg
6uve8yry.jpg
esy7u3yb.jpg
ana4uzy3.jpg
a2a2e3ej.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:From Michigan! This is a great forum with so many friendly and knowledgeable members! Congrats on the new toy! Is it now time to start modding or keeping it stock?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike!

Are those the original forks? I was under the impression that all S2 models had matching frames and forks! Can't find any pictures online of bikes with black frames and silver forks...

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
if Im not mistaken, thats an S1 with that swing arm and the welded pass. pegs supports. and Sky says its an 06

anyway good looking bike Sky, welcome from downunder, enjoy your ride, post lots and dont be afraid of asking questions or offering opinions, we are friendly, and love hearing of other riders exploits.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
agf is correct, its an S1, my previous S1 was all black with silver forks to, not sure why yamaha did that, i just painted them. glad the S2 has black forks. but for power i wish i had an S1 again, my S1 was faster then my S2 all day long.

Congrats on the faster Blue and welcome

Skybow388

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guy! As for mods idk yet I want an exhaust but I don't wanna spend 500 or 600$ on one. I think I can make one very easily. And I'll probably put a vs01 headlight kit on it! IDE like a nice seat cowl to but I can't seem to find them anywhere

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
if Im not mistaken, thats an S1 with that swing arm and the welded pass. pegs supports. and Sky says its an 06

anyway good looking bike Sky, welcome from downunder, enjoy your ride, post lots and dont be afraid of asking questions or offering opinions, we are friendly, and love hearing of other riders exploits.

Then why does it have a black frame? Don't S1 have silver frames?

Maybe it's a US thing, in Europe all the S1 are silver and all the S2 are black...

Either way, very nice... Now let's see how long you manage to keep it stock! It took me a few weeks before i started and i can't seem to stop modding!

Last edited:

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
i had an S1 with black frame and swing arm all original and im from UK. the last of the S1 had black accents, most of S1 were silver. but i never seen many S1's with black frame and swing arm

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
i had an S1 with black frame and swing arm all original and im from UK. the last of the S1 had black accents, most of S1 were silver. but i never seen many S1's with black frame and swing arm

I think it's a geographical thing. In North America, '06's came with the black frame/wheels but the rest is S1 spec. Every '06 you'll see in North America has either the blue or red colour, and black frame.

I happen to have the exact same bike, congrats!

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
must be down to where they are sold, i had two 05 S1's (yes im on FZ6 number 3), one of which had silver wheels and frame and the other had black wheels and frame lol

but i know we get some different versions of some bikes then you guys over the pond.

But i would deffo say the OP's is S1 :)

Skybow388

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so I'm a tad bit bike stupid. So can someone tell me the difference In a fazer and a fz6. And my dad drives a fz6r what is the difference besides looks?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so I'm a tad bit bike stupid. So can someone tell me the difference In a fazer and a fz6. And my dad drives a fz6r what is the difference besides looks?

I think this is another geographical thing.

I some countries the bike is known as an Fz6 Fazer, like you would say the YZF600R Thundercat, Fazer just being it's little name.

In Europe (maybe not in the UK) the FZ6 Fazer denomination means it is the faired version, as opposed to the FZ6-N which is the naked version.

Th Fz6R was released after the FZ6 was discontinued and is basically a fully faired XJ6 Diversion without ABS and electronic immobilizer, it is the new entry level bike and is a lot less revvy and powerful than the FZ6.
75HP i think, but the engine has most of it's power down low and does not rev like the FZ6, it was the bike i did my schooling on and it is ok but not as much fun.

Last edited: