My new development!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just became an MSF RiderCoach. And this forum and it's fine members are a big part of my decision. I have ridden with some coaches and who taught me much and may have even kept me alive (thanks ERCI). I want to make sure that I could pay it back. I have a few mentored BRCs to go through but I can't wait! Thanks all

Congrats! Now you must adhere to the professional code of conduct of being a motorcycle instructor. Enjoy the many discounts that comes with being a coach, like 50% off from Shoei, dealer cost from Rev It USA, etc.. Almost every business or vendor will offer some sort of discount.

Congratulations! I really respect what you instructors do for everyone because when you help people into riding safe you help all of us!:rockon:

Thanks Cliff, but I ain't done anything yet ☺. Like my buddies favorite joke: What do you call the person who finishes last in medical school? Doctor!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I can hardly wait to hear about your first class.
Back in '07 when I took the class, I was the only woman (besides the instructor!) in the class ;)

Back in '07 when I took the class, I was the only woman (besides the instructor!) in the class ;)

Back in 2011, I had a class that consisted of 11 female students and one male. I think I graduated 10 of the 11 females. Unfortunately, I had to fail one of the female riders, didn't quite score high enough on the skills evaluation.

I have already had a taste of what it can be like. Last weekend we had our 'Final', where we taught a real BRC. So we get to the first range exercise where the riders get to move a running motorcycle, and I am stoked.....here we go..... I had done this before....in training...where the riders were other candidates and coaches. I raise my hand and signal them to come....and it was pandemonium! :)

2 riders stall....1 is going diagonally towards another rider, and for 1 brief moment I felt something I had not felt in along long time.......PANIC!.

In the end it was great fun, we had 9 of our 10 pass and I knew then I could really do this.

I wasn't the only woman in my MSF course in 2011, but I was the only woman that was NOT going to be riding a cruiser. Can't imagine myself on a cruiser. Boring with no performance.

My MSF coach (a Harley man - ugh!) was fantastic!! He was so impressed with my 16 year old son that he said "you are so awesome, I'd ride with you any day". He said in his 20+ years of being a coach he had never had a teenage boy that wasn't a squid. Makes a Mama proud. My son also out scored, on the riding test, all the experienced H-D riders that were taking the course with their girlfriends for the insurance discount.

Now, 5 years riding my own, I'm actually trying to figure out how to get a true sportbike (at almost 50 years young). I love my Sprint for long rides and my Street Triple R for day trips, but after riding my friends R1M, I am hooked on sportbikes. lol Looking at a Triumph Daytona 675. My hubby will kill me, but he has 4 bikes, so I can have 3 bikes, right?

Back