My new development!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just became an MSF RiderCoach. And this forum and it's fine members are a big part of my decision. I have ridden with some coaches and who taught me much and may have even kept me alive (thanks ERCI). I want to make sure that I could pay it back. I have a few mentored BRCs to go through but I can't wait! Thanks all

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Now you must adhere to the professional code of conduct of being a motorcycle instructor. Enjoy the many discounts that comes with being a coach, like 50% off from Shoei, dealer cost from Rev It USA, etc.. Almost every business or vendor will offer some sort of discount.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I really respect what you instructors do for everyone because when you help people into riding safe you help all of us!:rockon:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Cliff, but I ain't done anything yet ☺. Like my buddies favorite joke: What do you call the person who finishes last in medical school? Doctor!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I can hardly wait to hear about your first class.
Back in '07 when I took the class, I was the only woman (besides the instructor!) in the class ;)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Back in '07 when I took the class, I was the only woman (besides the instructor!) in the class ;)

Back in 2011, I had a class that consisted of 11 female students and one male. I think I graduated 10 of the 11 females. Unfortunately, I had to fail one of the female riders, didn't quite score high enough on the skills evaluation.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have already had a taste of what it can be like. Last weekend we had our 'Final', where we taught a real BRC. So we get to the first range exercise where the riders get to move a running motorcycle, and I am stoked.....here we go..... I had done this before....in training...where the riders were other candidates and coaches. I raise my hand and signal them to come....and it was pandemonium! :)

2 riders stall....1 is going diagonally towards another rider, and for 1 brief moment I felt something I had not felt in along long time.......PANIC!.

In the end it was great fun, we had 9 of our 10 pass and I knew then I could really do this.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site

I wasn't the only woman in my MSF course in 2011, but I was the only woman that was NOT going to be riding a cruiser. Can't imagine myself on a cruiser. Boring with no performance.

My MSF coach (a Harley man - ugh!) was fantastic!! He was so impressed with my 16 year old son that he said "you are so awesome, I'd ride with you any day". He said in his 20+ years of being a coach he had never had a teenage boy that wasn't a squid. Makes a Mama proud. My son also out scored, on the riding test, all the experienced H-D riders that were taking the course with their girlfriends for the insurance discount.

Now, 5 years riding my own, I'm actually trying to figure out how to get a true sportbike (at almost 50 years young). I love my Sprint for long rides and my Street Triple R for day trips, but after riding my friends R1M, I am hooked on sportbikes. lol Looking at a Triumph Daytona 675. My hubby will kill me, but he has 4 bikes, so I can have 3 bikes, right?