My new babe!

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my new babe in all it's glory.

I picked up the left over '12 Suzuki V-Strom 650 Adventure yesterday. I put it through its paces today at Bear Mountain.

345ouw0.jpg

Edit:

Sorry I tried editing my post and re-sizing the picture but for some reason it's still coming out too big.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Did u trade FZ6 in for it or is this another addition?

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Did u trade FZ6 in for it or is this another addition?

Another addition lol.

I can't help it. Suzuki was offering 0% for 5 years and I managed to talk down the dealer to absurdly low price for the adventure model.

I am contemplating doing a naked conversion and inverted forks for the FZ6 over the winter, but spending $1,000 on it seems kind of high. the front suspension is really pissing me off on it. I might just end up selling it and end up getting the new FZ-09 with it's nice triple cylinder engine.

I did some gravel riding today on the 'zuki and it was so awesome. Totally addicting. Obviously V-strom is not really all the capable as an offroad bike compared to say a true dirt bike but for light off road it will do just fine. I am planning a ride to Pine Barrens tomorrow or next weekend (Weather permitting of course) I can't wait to get it dirty lol.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Who would have thought that I would end up using my toe slider on the Vstrom more than on FZ6.

I went to Bear Mountain again today and pushed the bike even more. It's pretty sporty lol.

I feel that the front suspension is more confidence inspiring and stable on the Vstrom than on the FZ6.

Also I would have completely totaled my new 'Strom today. THANK goodness for ABS. Totally saved my ass today.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Who would have thought that I would end up using my toe slider on the Vstrom more than on FZ6.

I went to Bear Mountain again today and pushed the bike even more. It's pretty sporty lol.

I feel that the front suspension is more confidence inspiring and stable on the Vstrom than on the FZ6.

Also I would have completely totaled my new 'Strom today. THANK goodness for ABS. Totally saved my ass today.
Don't leave us hangin' man....Do tell!

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't leave us hangin' man....Do tell!

Sorry I caught it on GoPro video. But apparently my laptop is too old to play back much less process the 4K HD video from the new Go Pro camera.

Long story short, I was riding behind 3 cars, doing about 65mph. I didn't pay enough attention to the first car though.

Outt of nowhere, he hits the brakes and proceeds to make a letft turn. I was following too close to the thirds car ( at that speed anyway) that when suddenly they all hit their brakes I was about to ride into the rear of the last car. I completely squeezed the front brake lever and to my surprise I was braking with loud squeaking noise.

Had it not been for the ABS I would high side and crash into the car.

Thank god, I was fully geared though. Also it would suck totaling a new bike lol.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations!
The new 12 and up V-strom 650 are a great deal at even MSRP. It could be a bike in my future. The new upgrade to this bike are great! Get your skid plate right now! :)

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I am contemplating doing a naked conversion and inverted forks for the FZ6 over the winter, but spending $1,000 on it seems kind of high. the front suspension is really pissing me off on it. I might just end up selling it and end up getting the new FZ-09 with it's nice triple cylinder engine.

If you go for the Fz-09 you'll probably have the same problem with the front end. One review I watched said that the front suspension didn't provide good feedback and was challenging to get seated properly going into corners.

Good thing for the low price tag you can upgrade fork springs and possibly get revalved.

On the upside the 100-110hp engine with 60-70 lbft torque basically gives an Fz8 hp with Fz1 torque. Should be a lot of fun.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On the upside the 100-110hp engine with 60-70 lbft torque basically gives an Fz8 hp with Fz1 torque. Should be a lot of fun.

And don't forget that it's nearly a 100 pounds lighter! I'm looking forward to taking one for a spin when it comes out.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site