My 'new' 2008 FZ6

yellow2000SR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope this is the right area... it's got a seat cowl and a different headlight! haha

Hello, name is Josh, and I just got this after around a month of playing games with banks till I finally got approved for a small loan. I got it this past Friday (April 1st) from the member on here named Twitch (Seth).

2008 FZ6, 14,500 miles :BLAA:

Fz1 Headlight mod
M4 Carbon slip ons
Power Commander 3 with 2 maps
Front Carbon fiber fender
Carbon fiber belly pan
Custom Radiator covers with factory paint from europe
TCP seat cowl
Speedo Healer
520 chain and sprocket kit (bnib)
braided brake lines (bnib)
K&N air filter
Taillight with integrated turn signals
street fighter handlebar mirror
Custom fender elimation kit
Renthal fat bars
Pro Taper grips

Pulled some stickers off and pulled the pinstripes from the wheels.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

New pinstriping on the right side... what a PITA to try to make it 'even' all the way around. Other side will have to wait.

6.jpg

Last edited:

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck ya its a good deal ;) haha glad to see your keeping up with the forums josh !!!! They helped me so much :)

Bought about 90% of the mods from here ;)

Btw, you gotta see my fz1 :BLAA:

yellow2000SR

Reaction score
Visit site
Heck ya its a good deal ;) haha glad to see your keeping up with the forums josh !!!! They helped me so much :)

Bought about 90% of the mods from here ;)

Btw, you gotta see my fz1 :BLAA:

I've got near 200 miles on it already :) Only ~50 miles of that highway, rest back roads.

Got new grips, carbon license plate surround, carbon heel guards, and LED front signals on the way, also received carbon gas cap trim. Just ordered a silver reflective shield for my helmet.

In talks with 2 companies over seas about a carbon rear hugger as well in single twill to match the front fender. Any ideas on a small shield for above the headlight?

Yesterday I helped a buddy out at his vinyl/sign shop and he had some scrap CF vinyl that is the 'best' on the market as he says. We wrapped the sides of the helmet and I striped the outside with 1/4" red.

Photoshop prior to doing it:
Helmet.jpg

Result: Still debating the energy drink sticker.
Helmet2.jpg

Last edited:

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got near 200 miles on it already :) Only ~50 miles of that highway, rest back roads.

Got new grips, carbon license plate surround, carbon heel guards, and LED front signals on the way, also received carbon gas cap trim. Just ordered a silver reflective shield for my helmet.

In talks with 2 companies over seas about a carbon rear hugger as well in single twill to match the front fender. Any ideas on a small shield for above the headlight?

Yesterday I helped a buddy out at his vinyl/sign shop and he had some scrap CF vinyl that is the 'best' on the market as he says. We wrapped the sides of the helmet and I striped the outside with 1/4" red.

Photoshop prior to doing it:
Helmet.jpg

Result: Still debating the energy drink sticker.
Helmet2.jpg
That helmet looks sick:rockon: where did you get your heel guards from?
Welcome:thumbup:

yellow2000SR

Reaction score
Visit site
Blinker relay installed, so much better! Also installed carbon accents on gas cap/ring. Helmet shield coming tomorrow.

Got a cover for the bike and carbon trim for on top the forks where the bar mounts. Done with mods for now till I get my fully built engine completed/back from the machine shop for my Geo Tracker.

armstrong89z

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is a little late. But welcome to the forum.

What size pin stripe did you get for your rims? The width I'm guessing 1/4? The bike looks awesome by the way.

yellow2000SR

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is a little late. But welcome to the forum.

What size pin stripe did you get for your rims? The width I'm guessing 1/4? The bike looks awesome by the way.

1/4". Got it from AutoZone. Take your time is my only advice. It's a pain.

The bike is for sale. If I can get $4,500 it'll be sold. Trying to lower my monthly bills so I can move.