My "Motivation" Thread

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Decided to make a thread to motivate me to keep up on maintenance and mods. My bike is bone stock in exception for a cheap D2moto FE kit and a painted black windscreen. I bought my bike in May 2011, with 11,525 miles and now have 20,650 miles. The only things i've done was change the oil twice :spank: Here are my plans for the bike....

Maintenance:

Replace rusted front and rear rotor retaining bolts.
Replace clutch Cable.
Replace Chain/sprockets
Replace all missing/stripped screw and bolts. (ORDERED)
Spark Plugs and wires
Oil Change (DONE)

Mods:

12v power source (DONE)
-1 front sprocket
Speedohealer
Refinish my windscreen. (DONE)
New grips
New levers DONE
Black Gas Cap
Paint Exhaust Covers (Done)

I will post up pictures of my progress every chance i get. I plan to have this all done by March/April. This will be a SLOW progression so bear with me.

Testing out the gopro hd2!
GOPR0308.jpg

GOPR0336.jpg

Last edited:

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ forgot to mention that i just ordered the Rotor retaining bolts, 3 screws for the right hand switch controls that were stripped and one bolt that was missing by the right mirror (inner cowling).

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Sanded down the windscreen today. Took forever because i used so many thick layers when painting it the first time. This time around, i will not be painting it, i will be vinyl wrapping it.

GOPR0428.jpg

also picked up some paint, figure i'd paint the rad covers.

GOPR0437.jpg

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
eh,,,, if you are going with black for the rad cover, wrap it with the carbon fiber ....i did and it looks sik, did it to the heel plates to keep them from scuffing from my shoes, looks pretty good and all for $7 :D
.02 for free

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ My brother bought some gloss black for when he did his roof on his car. I will be using that.

Here is the pics of the rotor bolts.

GOPR0438.jpg

Started painting on the rad covers.

GOPR0442.jpg

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
eh,,,, if you are going with black for the rad cover, wrap it with the carbon fiber ....i did and it looks sik, did it to the heel plates to keep them from scuffing from my shoes, looks pretty good and all for $7 :D
.02 for free

I should have extra vinyl from when i do my windscreen, most likely i'll be using that for heel plates.

txlyman

Reaction score
Visit site
ecstuning? UH oh. :BLAA:

I have an '04 R32 and a '94 Vr6. I can't get away from them :)

Anywho.. make sure the bike gets love. I'm sure it'll turn out just fine and that's how it grows on you

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
ecstuning? UH oh. :BLAA:

I have an '04 R32 and a '94 Vr6. I can't get away from them :)

Anywho.. make sure the bike gets love. I'm sure it'll turn out just fine and that's how it grows on you

I had a '94 Jetta 2.0L. Ended up parting it out and just riding the bike during the summer. I just picked up an 05 Jetta GLI a little over a month ago. This is the first time owning both a car at the same time but the love with be shared equally. I'm saving for a nice set of wheels for the GLI and need to get the clutch looked at.

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that first picture indicating 123mph?:spank:

Yeah, my brother and i went riding the other day, didn't realize i had the gopro set on photo mode. Anyway, we hit a stretch of rode by our house that is kinda secluded so we ran the bikes a little. Of course the 636 is faster but the fz6 keeps right up.

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Almost done with the rad covers. Just need to spray on some clear. Thinking about doing the rear pegs today, as well as my windscreen.

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Took off the rear pegs today and started painting them. Also wrapped the windscreen today, i didn't do a great job sanding down the paint that was previously on it and it shows through the vinyl. Just waiting for paint to dry at this point.

GOPR0454.jpg

GOPR0459.jpg

GOPR0446.jpg

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
So i got the rad covers and rear pegs painted black and back on the bike. Just waiting on my bikebandit order to arrive so i can slap on my windscreen.

This arrived today :thumbup:

GOPR0462.jpg

And i placed an order for these!

ViewImage.aspx_.jpg

I've been working 12hr shifts over night so my days off i've been trying to work on the bike any way i can, going a little slow but still making progress. Ill try to post a pic of the bike as it sits now when i get off work in the morning.

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Been busy with work and school so i haven't gotten much done. Ran my 12v power source today as well as changed the oil/filter and gave the bike a nice wash. At this point i'm just waiting for parts to come in. I've decided that i'm going to paint my exhaust covers and wrap my heel plates with vinyl my next day off.

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^^ yes, I bought them through his ebay page though. I think I paid $32 shipped. The quality seems very nice. I still need to install them, ill let you know how I like them once installed.