My Latest FZ6 Naked Conversion

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice save, looks excellent. I really dig the paint job on the white and red one, though the yellow has a really distinctive look. I'll have to wreck mine so I can get in on the action...

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
Awesome, thank you. Again kudos on the bike, looks great!

Bought from a vendor called power.freaks on ebay. 9.99 plus 15.00 shipping. They come with inserts for standard 7/8in handlebars, but Yamaha bars are threaded for the barend weights so you will need to remove the outermost expansion collar to get them to slide into the bar. Or drill out the threads on the bars. I suggest the former method...

These look like the same ones...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAFE...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1171

Last edited:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used those same mirrors, but I clamped them to the narrow part of the stock bar ends.

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! You did a great job on restoring that bike and you even painted it my favorite color. Personally, I like the 1/4 fairing look but that is an excellent job.:rockon:

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
Love the bike except the headlight something more modern would definately set it off.

I didn't want anything more modern... with the 70-80's stripes and KR scheme, I wanted an old school retro headlight. I'm guessing you are a fair amount younger than I am:)
I have an 06 FZ1 (stock) sitting next to it and it looks so generic that no one even notices it- but it is fun to ride with that big 'ol motor!

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Suuuuuwwwweeeeet! Both of 'em. If I were to go nekked, I'd be torn as to which of those schemes to steal. And I'm with you, I like the old school bucket headlight. You've got some talent. Well done.

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
Awesome! What are your charges like?

Really all depends on what you want done and how much prep work/repairs need to be done. I did the layout and templates and Tapeworks.com printed the stripes/logos. So you will be able to order a kit from them with the strobe stripes and logos. I don't know what it will cost. You would have to talk to them about that. But a single color with the stripes installed and clear coated would be about 600.00 plus the cost of the graphics. You could get just the graphics and order them with the clear overlay to put on your bike, but it won't look anywhere near as good as a cleared in job. PM me if you need more info since I'm a little uncomfortable using the forum for advertising... I just wanted to show you guys how cool a FZ6 can look with a little work.