My FZ6 went to the graveyard today...

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is its name martin.

LOL, uhhh, I think it's a she.

Wow, looks fantastic. Very well maintained, still looks brand new.. what do you clean it with?

Looking at the log book, it seems like the bike gets a wash around 600 to 1000km (370 to 620 mi). This usually occurs after a long highway speed road trip where we get lots of bugs. I use car wash soap, wash mitt for finer paint areas, and a soft wash brush for the hard to get areas and radiator. All rinsed down with a garden hose (no pressure washer) followed by a wipe down with the chamios. The occassional wax job on the painted parts and Plexus on the wind screen.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The wife laughed when I told her I was going to the cemetery to take some pictures of the bike. She thought I was crazy but I figured they're kept well, nice back drop with potenial rich in color, no traffic, and no one bugs you. Incidently, while I was taking pictures a headstone delivery truck showed up and the driver started smiling at me as if I was pathetic or something. :eek:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice....camera specs?

I've been using the Canon XTi with a EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens and polarizing filter. The raw settings for this shot were ISO=100, F4.0, 1/60sec, and 55mm focal length.

The camera has been working pretty good and I'm very happy with the results. I think the lens is top notch and makes a world of difference. :thumbup:

I was hoping to have gotten this shot earlier in the morning while the sun was a little lower but errands got in the way and there wasn't a whole lot of cloud in the sky. I had to rely on the tree shading for better lighting effect.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a pic.... :eek:

attachment.php

:innocent:

Very Nice indeed. :rockon:

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
You got me! I should have been ready though as mine went to the graveyard yesterday as well. My pic isn't near as good... it was taken with my phone.

092208_12421.jpg

I'm involved in a sort of a Photo Scavenger Hunt (or Richmond Tag-O-Rama) and this was one of the tags. I didn't know the deceased, but I promised him that the rest of my ride yesterday would be for him. I hope he didn't mind that it was on a sport bike..

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pic teeter. I have no idea who MARTIN is....., I just decided to pop into a cemetery to take some pictures. Maybe we should have a photo contest of our bike in a cemetery, MB? Every place has one, right? :scared:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You got me! I should have been ready though as mine went to the graveyard yesterday as well. My pic isn't near as good... it was taken with my phone.

092208_12421.jpg

I'm involved in a sort of a Photo Scavenger Hunt (or Richmond Tag-O-Rama) and this was one of the tags. I didn't know the deceased, but I promised him that the rest of my ride yesterday would be for him. I hope he didn't mind that it was on a sport bike..
No, the sharpness and color ain't quite as good, but DAMN that's a great composition! Excellent photo! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe we should have a photo contest of our bike in a cemetery, MB? Every place has one, right? :scared:
Great idea, but we have to wait until after Xmas to have it: some of the mormons actually decorate their family's tombstones with Xmas lights! I'll be sure to win!!! :jawdrop: