Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Tippy sensor is the 3 wire one here.... It has an UP arrow on it...

From: Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - FinalImpact's Album: Bike P o r n
picture.php

smallblock450sl

Reaction score
Visit site
Has been a while. I did "fry" the ECU, but the used tank and fuel pump I bought, the fuel pump was bad also. Good used ECU and fuel pump and it fires up and sounds great! My problem now is the clutch won't work. Seems like the clutch shaft won't release the pressure plate. Tried the start in gear, aply brakes, no help. Since the engine had sat for almost 3 years, thought might be stuck clutch. Took the cover/pressure plate off, removed all the discs and steel plates (they were not stuck togeather), well oiled, reinstalled and aligned the marks correctly. Still no "feel/pressure" to the clutch shaft lever to actuate the pressure plate. I don't beleive the engine/clutch was ever taken apart, so my question....why is there no pressure/tenssion felt when manually pushing the shaft lever that acuates the pressure plate? Any help would be appreciated.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How far does the lever on the case move?

Assuming the engine side is stock, what is the setup you have pulling the cable (or is it converted to hyd)?

Likely it's all about mechanical advantage. Although I am assuming your not running a the stock cable pull lever???

Using the lever - my guess is the cable is pulled directly about 15 to 20mm.

smallblock450sl

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have a hydrolic slave assy to actuate the clutch. The problem is the lever (moves 15 to 20mm) but there is no tension to it. I can freely move it with my finger. Just seems as though it's not pulling the pressure plate to release the clutch pack. Any more thoughts? Thanks Dave

smallblock450sl

Reaction score
Visit site
The clutch cover must have been taken off, the shaft gears where not "clocked" correctly with the pressure plate pull shaft. Did have to change to a Wilwood slave cylinder, the cheap one didn't have enough through. The video is in nuetral. Had the first seat time today, took it very easy (no hard clutch launch) only got it into 3rd and only 4k rpm. With the 5.0 gears it won't speed kill me! Will post a video soon. THanks for all your help FZ Forumn:thumbup: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITXuOYAbilI]2013 0908yamahauler0002 - YouTube[/ame]

smallblock450sl

Reaction score
Visit site
Have a few easy test drive's. Haven't "dropped" the clutch for a hard launch. The 5.00 gear's in the Ford 9" make 1st gear rather short. Don't have the room in our place to give it a good run out, but going thru 3 or 4 gears it just wants to "motivate":D Hope the bad video works...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYEFcildMxU]2013 0912yamahaulervid0004 - YouTube[/ame]

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love it! Very cool. Would you mind shooting some video of the complete cart driving? I've love to share this.