My first motorcycle ever & first ride ever

eman

E-man
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick update. Done 200+ miles on all kinds of roads during this extended weekend. The 15+ years of driving experience with a manual transmission definitely came in handy. ATGATT and safe.

Seen a bunch of "lonely riders" out there. If there is anyone in DC area for some riding, hit me up please.

Last edited:

Sburke

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Welcome.

I've been riding the FZ6 for over a year now and love it. Have been having dirty thoughts of getting an r6 though... ;)

But like everyone else is saying, take your MSF courses, etc. It's good you are on the right track for gear. Sounds like you are devoted to what you're doing.

Good luck!

I've had two r6, if you're staying on the streets the fz6 is the superior bike.

Welcome! Glad to see you've purchased some gear

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah please take riding classes and always wear riding gears. I've had fz6 for over a year now and I'm loving it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I am starting my Basic Riding Course on June 4th :) As for gear, I went a little nuts and spent a fortune during last 4 days on a helmet, jackets (2), gloves, armor. Buying boots tomorrow and pants in the near future. I even got a bright yellow vest, that screams "see me now?"... I am all in for safety and mindful riding! Thank you for the comment and the welcome note.

So, how'd it go? :popcorn:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I am starting my Basic Riding Course on June 4th :) As for gear, I went a little nuts and spent a fortune during last 4 days on a helmet, jackets (2), gloves, armor. Buying boots tomorrow and pants in the near future. I even got a bright yellow vest, that screams "see me now?"... I am all in for safety and mindful riding! Thank you for the comment and the welcome note.

+1 Rep

Think of it in this way.

Would you still be worrying about spending $300-$400 on a jacket, if you would be laying in hospital with bad case of road rash?

Cost of hospitalization/ days off from work and bodily harm is nothing in comparison to a measly $400 spent on a jacket that would otherwise save your skin.

That's how I justify all of my gear purchases. :D

Have fun and take it easy, at least until you feel comfortable to ride more aggressively.

eman

E-man
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick update: Successfully finished the MSF course. We we actually evaluated and doing the exams in rain, so it added to the experience.

I am now a proud owner of a M license. Also, between the start of the course (including the commute to the classes), I have done 900 miles in 2 weeks on a bike.

I feel blessed and ya'll were right, the course was awesome!

eman

E-man
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 Rep

Think of it in this way.

Would you still be worrying about spending $300-$400 on a jacket, if you would be laying in hospital with bad case of road rash?

Cost of hospitalization/ days off from work and bodily harm is nothing in comparison to a measly $400 spent on a jacket that would otherwise save your skin.

That's how I justify all of my gear purchases. :D

Have fun and take it easy, at least until you feel comfortable to ride more aggressively.

You are so right.

I actually went all nuts and bought a leather jacket a full 2 piece leather race suit, racing boots, a second helmet (crazy deal brand new from the store) and gloves in addition to everything I have mentioned above. I am broke but happy xD