My dear Alfa - RIP

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
My dear Alfa

Hi family

Am here some time and visiting a forum recently on daily basis. I had some questions and thank you all for your feedback :thumbup:. As some of you know, my Serbenglish works fine for now.

I can`t imagine what could I do if I was driving a motorcycle yesterday!? :confused:

Yesterday when I was returning from work I had a car accident, amazingly without a scratch to me, yes, yes without a scratch, so Alfa Romeo did a hell of a good job in safety. But my dear love is totaled :(

To cut long story short, most to my English language capabilities :rolleyes:, some fool :spank:(believe me, the guy is a real fool), was taking over a truck in full speed, cross to my line and directly hit me. I tried, to move to the right as much as I could and when impact occurred, line of the edge of a road was in the middle of my license plate and he hits in front door pillar. He was driving a citroen C4, and luckily he wasn’t had any injuries also :innocent:.

Few of my friends and brother herd about an accident and came on spot in couple of minutes... as they arrived my crazy brother did a foolish thing :banghead:, he slapped a guy who was driving a Citroen so hard that he roll down in a meadow beside a road :surrender:. Police reacted and take him to the police car. When police officers saw many of my friends on spot they called a back up and they blocked a road in order to protect a guy who hit me. I have a lot of pictures but few will be attached bellow.

Have a nice day , God was with me in the car yesterday :innocent:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Свети схите, како у Божије име сте преживели да случајно?
Веома ми је драго да видим да сте ок.

Ја ћу да купим Алфа 147 или 156 као мој следећи ауто.

Срећно мој пријатељ.

Ова порука је превод енглески на српски језик. Ви Енглидх говори веома добро.

Nelly

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
Свети схите, како у Божије име сте преживели да случајно?
Веома ми је драго да видим да сте ок.

Ја ћу да купим Алфа 147 или 156 као мој следећи ауто.

Срећно мој пријатељ.

Ова порука је превод енглески на српски језик. Ви Енглидх говори веома добро.

Nelly

:rof: Thank you my friend, btw, It seems that your Serbian is really good :thumbup:

he,he my brother has 156 and I would recommend only engines jtd (1.9 or 2.4) or 3.2 GTA wrrrroooommm other engines are crap (believe me!)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: Thank you my friend, btw, It seems that your Serbian is really good :thumbup:

he,he my brother has 156 and I would recommend only engines jtd (1.9 or 2.4) or 3.2 GTA wrrrroooommm other engines are crap (believe me!)
I got the Serbian translation from "Google Translate" lol. My Serbian is non existent, sorry.
Unfortunately in Ireland you get totally screwed for road tax the bigger the engine is. €895 for 2.4L & €592 for 1.9L.
I am not a fast car driver so I just want the Alfa experience.
Is it true they break down all the time?

Is the guy that hit you able to pay for the damage with his insurance?

Nelly

Last edited:

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately in Ireland you get totally screwed for road tax the bigger the engine is. €895 for 2.4L & €592 for 1.9L.
I am not a fast car driver so I just want the Alfa experience.
Is it true they break down all the time?

Is the guy that hit you able to pay for the damage with his insurance?

Nelly

I will not have any problems with insurance, guy is working in a bank and car is corporate and I had also Kasco (all included insurance) so I expect to not have any issues there.

Yes friend :( (talking from my experience they usually have a lot of electronically problems (am talking to engines 1.6 TS, 1.8TS, 2.0TS and 2.5TS)... so really I would not recommend it, (I had 6 different 156 till now and 1.9 jtd seems to be the best buy). I know they have a lot of problems, I know that they are cheaper from day to day, but I can`t help myself, I just love Alfa Romeo and the design is phenomenal :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your crash :eek:
Pleased to hear that no one was really hurt (apart from the guy who got hit of course :rolleyes:). Hope the insurance gets it sorted soon :thumbup:

Does this mean you'll be riding more the next couple of weeks?

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
Does this mean you'll be riding more the next couple of weeks?

Thanks mate, off course I will and do! I don`t have problem with my conscience, but I felt really strange when I was passing that part of a road this morning, especially when I saw 3 tombstones in a row . . . ouutch, that gives me gooseflesh :eek:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes!! Happy to hear you walked away from this unscratched. So sad that there are so many awful drivers out there. Not good that your brother ended up slapping the guy, but I have to say at a moment like that it's totally understandable that his emotions got the better of him. He easily could have killed you.

Alfa95

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, for a second there I thought someone was hunting me down :D glad you made it out fine and really impressed that your car held up good during the accident.

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: My dear Alfa - RIP - not yet :))) she will be alive

Ok friends,

I was kind of busy these days... and, when I shared bad moments I suppose that I should share also some good news with you all :thumbup:.

Right after accident and when insurance company came and recorder damage I move my car to a friend who was working day-night on my car. Ye, Ye according to damage my darling was ready to be sent in old junk :shakehead: but I didn`t want to give up on her... :rockon:

So quick update for fellows that cares and realize passion for Alfa Romeo .. All body works are finished.. Currently she has nice stealthy look, and I have in mind to leave color as it is now.. I ordered also, new 18 inch rims, custom made by Alfa and whole new "momo" ladder interior.. That air bags make a lot of damage, but God bless the guy who invent them..:bow:

So, I will stop by again in this tred and post pictures when I finish all works.

I also consider to paint er in silver perl :rolleyes:.. Any way I will decide this afternoon . . .

* on second picture is me smoking (don`t share this link with my mom :scared:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Very lucky of you to walk away unscathed considering where he hit you, i'd have slapped him too!

Glad you're ok, poor alfa :(