My Buell in Long Beach - photoshoot

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
What happened to the jardine did it just burn itself to a crisp? How did you mod it other than the split tips did you gut the beast out?

Anyway I think I pm'ed you when i first joined the site for advice and i first found you on youtube doing the headlight on your fazer and I've seen a few vids of your buell on there as well and I think you do awesome frikken work and appreciate everything you've done thats directly or inderectly helped me make my bike what it is so far and it was nice getting to put a face to the name lol

My fazer aint super crazy like your old one yet but i'm only half way done with her I started a thread in the forum you moderate the Naked streetfighter forum I think the titles fz6 Start to finish..well...Half finished check her out sometime if you get the chance and give me some expert feed back ;)
thanks again...oh and btw theres no word or group of words that can accurately express the tightness of my pants when I look through the pics of your buell and/or fazer XD

Yeah the Jardine's carbon fiber was too weak for the heavy vibrations of the air cooled V-twin :) see photos and details here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/29134-fix-carbon-fiber-anyone.html

For modding the stock exhaust I had Hawk Performance tweak the can per their standard (loved by the entire Buell community), and then had to fix a couple things myself after some internal brackets broke down...

hey thanks for the nice words... I used to spend a lot of time around here so I am glad my contributions helped a few people :) I'll go look for your thread and let you know what I think :rockon:

Life is Goood!!!!

We rode last Tues. up to Idyllwild and you know we're almost always ready to do a ride down here!

Last years Angeles Crest Forest was such an awesome ride!

I've had this dream of us all getting together and doing a one night camping ride to Joshua Tree. I would like to do it by starting up to Idyllwild, then down to the 10 freeway and research some other cool routes on our way to Joshua Tree Monument Park. It would be high desert camping and I think it would have to be done when it's cooler. I think the ride would be an awesome, fun time as long as we did the night time, fire jumping thing ATGATT, just in case.... :eek:

lol Cliff I AM DOWN!!!! Sign me up to that ride/camping adventure :)

John is riding up through Utah with Lefty as we speak, but we'll hit you up next time we ride (2-3 weeks)... haven't been down to Palo/Montezuma for a while... last time I rode to SD was for work and my stator blew on the way back... spent 4 hours through 1am waiting for a AAA flatbed off the 5 freeway in Mission Viero... fun times lol

Anyway, we'll hit you up soon :)

Welcome back David, and what a way to announce your return, those pics are amazing :drool:

Don't be a stranger, I'm planning a trip to southern "Vosges" (Elzas) in France next year and was kinda hoping you might give me a few tips at a later date (if my memory serves me well you was brought up not far from there):thumbup:

Elzas! You even used the Alsacien half German spelling... nice! Yes, I was born and raised in Alsace (not Elzas!), and there's lots of great stuff to ride through in the Vosges! I think you can see some of it (Road of Wines, Haut Koenigsbourg castle, etc...) in the first video of our Eurotrip ride last year here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/touring-traveling/39073-video-eurotrip-2011-cali-rider.html

Hit me up when you're ready, I'll give you all I have!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rob! How's life on the East Coast?

I rode a BMW F800R a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of your Triumph... not quite as smooth but very nice also and similar handling characteristics of the Buell... you guys that are used to riding smooth rides like that can't handle the Buell... nothing about the Buell is smooth and it takes work to go fast... it does however make you feel very alive when you're on it, both in terms of sound and sensations :D

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Sup Cliff! How's life in SD? :) Do we have a yearly FZ6 forum ride coming up? :BLAA:

Yeah, I just touched base with Chemiker wondering the same thing. Maybe some other NorCal riders will be interested (but it's getting late). My current blackout dates are July 3-5, August 7 and on. I might drop down solo for a non-massive get-together ride for a possible cool SoCal and et al. group ride. Maybe some other NorCal (can't forget Vegas or,frick, any outlying state FZ6'ers) riders might be interested. Otherwise, I would get down WIT (whatever it takes). Heh, heh.

D

Dave.TX

Nice photos. I was in Long Beach a year and a half ago and stayed close to the QM, took the tour. Cool place. They also had a Scottish Festival going on at the same time (a bonus) though didn't get to see much of it.

Buell's are definitely different. I remember when Yamaha introduced their MT-01 in Europe and chatter here in the States for folks that wanted it here (1700cc, if I remember) but it never came to be. A v-twin sport bike. EBR is still in racing though and doing fairly well. How does yours fair to, say, a Ducati Monster? L-twin, v-twin... Then there's the Suzuki SV1000's like Cliff's...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back David, and what a way to announce your return, those pics are amazing :drool:

Don't be a stranger, I'm planning a trip to southern "Vosges" (Elzas) in France next year and was kinda hoping you might give me a few tips at a later date (if my memory serves me well you was brought up not far from there):thumbup:

Elzas! You even used the Alsacien half German spelling... nice! Yes, I was born and raised in Alsace (not Elzas!), and there's lots of great stuff to ride through in the Vosges! I think you can see some of it (Road of Wines, Haut Koenigsbourg castle, etc...) in the first video of our Eurotrip ride last year here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/touring-traveling/39073-video-eurotrip-2011-cali-rider.html

Hit me up when you're ready, I'll give you all I have!

Sorry for insulting your region David ...:eek: ...:spank: , I accidently used the Dutch word for the Alsace (click on the link). We (the Dutch) also call the Vosges the Vogezen, the same as the Germans.

Thanks, I'd forgotten about the vid :rockon:

I've only now realised that Colmar is in that region :thumbup:

The plan is still a bit sketchy but I'll be going for 4 days with a mate of mine, 1 day ride to Bussang, stopping off somewhere on the way, 2 days riding around the area, another day riding home again, stopping for lunch on route.

Having kids and a busy family life it's difficult to get time off to go riding for any real length of time, but I have the OK from Mrs Cloggy :thumbup:

I'll drop you a line when we know a bit more, cheers David :iconbeer:

:hijack:

Anyway getting back on track, loved the pics especially this one:
7382221614_7024decc11_b.jpg

Last edited:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome pictures!!!!!!!
The background, the bike, the angles you used....

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I just touched base with Chemiker wondering the same thing. Maybe some other NorCal riders will be interested (but it's getting late). My current blackout dates are July 3-5, August 7 and on. I might drop down solo for a non-massive get-together ride for a possible cool SoCal and et al. group ride. Maybe some other NorCal (can't forget Vegas or,frick, any outlying state FZ6'ers) riders might be interested. Otherwise, I would get down WIT (whatever it takes). Heh, heh.

Going back to the french Mediterranean coast this summer? Let us know when you'll be down here a few weeks in advance :thumbup:

Nice photos. I was in Long Beach a year and a half ago and stayed close to the QM, took the tour. Cool place. They also had a Scottish Festival going on at the same time (a bonus) though didn't get to see much of it.

Buell's are definitely different. I remember when Yamaha introduced their MT-01 in Europe and chatter here in the States for folks that wanted it here (1700cc, if I remember) but it never came to be. A v-twin sport bike. EBR is still in racing though and doing fairly well. How does yours fair to, say, a Ducati Monster? L-twin, v-twin... Then there's the Suzuki SV1000's like Cliff's...

The Buell is comparable to a Monster in ergos and upright seating, but I don't know much more than that... I rode an '10 696 a couple of years ago and it felt really tame compared to the Buell's torque, but of course, it was the small Duc, do I'd imagine the bigger displacement Monsters would be similar...

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rob! How's life on the East Coast?

I rode a BMW F800R a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of your Triumph... not quite as smooth but very nice also and similar handling characteristics of the Buell... you guys that are used to riding smooth rides like that can't handle the Buell... nothing about the Buell is smooth and it takes work to go fast... it does however make you feel very alive when you're on it, both in terms of sound and sensations :D

Yeah, I love those F800R except for the price tag :BLAA: I'm still loving my triumph. Just did the valve adjustments this weekend with a buddy of mine with the same bike. That was an adventure!

My life out East is pretty damned amazing dude, just miss the SoCal weather and riding.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice bike great location and nice camera cause its crystal clear like the b/w photos more so close to my school...:)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Nate :) Yeah the Tuono is niiiiice... probably a bit overrated for the streets for me (what are they reaching now, like 200HP and 100ft/lb of torque?), but yeah I'd ride it :)

I don't think I'll ever get rid of the Buell as long as it works (which we all know may not last that long lol), but my next purchase is going to look something like this:

XCKiedDRZ400.jpg

Your adventures convinced me :)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW, the Buells always look amazing. The short wheelbase makes them look real vicious like the speed triples.

So I guess I have missed a lot over the year. David sold his trackbike. Nate sold his FZ6 which I thought he never will!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I crashed the Gixxer at the track and can't find the time to fix it, so I got rid of it... will certainly find another one in a few years when the kids are a bit older :)

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Glad to see that you still have your Buell. It's still a beautiful bike!

I ended trading my Buell for a Speed Triple. And then eventually my Speed Triple for a Z1000. Although I loved my Buell, I just felt like a gorilla on a tricycle when riding it. Lol...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, it's not a bike for taller/bigger ppl :)

When Moldmaker rode my bike he looked a bit like this too:

images