My bladder made me fall over

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
I was traveling home on the highway when I became increasingly aware of the need for a pee.

I was waiting for a rest stop but they stubbornly refused to appear around each successive bend in the road, and meanwhile every bump became gradually more and more painful...

I pulled off at the next exit and chose a random direction, looking for a gas station. I chose wrong, and after another few minutes I was just looking for a quiet road or dead end where I could just pee in the bushes.

Finally I saw a shady drive and pulled in. I was in a rush and didn't look carefully at the ground, so I didn't notice the big pot hole in my way. I tried to swerve around it but too late: the steering column jerked in my hands, causing me to inadvertently twist the throttle, and the wheel spun up in the loose grit littered in the pothole.

Fell over at about 5mph. I have a video but it's boring, just goes from vertical to horizontal all of a sudden.

The lesson here is to ALWAYS BE PATIENT. If I was my normal calm, collected self I would have just stood up on the pegs and rolled over the pothole at slow speed. Now I have a scratched and bent fairing and I need to replace the engine protector.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh at your mishap...but ya gotta admit, that's a funny story!
NOW...imagine what it's like for us girls! We have a few more challenges than you guys do. But I have done it! When you're up in the mountains on a quiet dirt road....
Rep point for making me LOL ;)

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh at your mishap...but ya gotta admit, that's a funny story!
NOW...imagine what it's like for us girls! We have a few more challenges than you guys do. But I have done it! When you're up in the mountains on a quiet dirt road....
Rep point for making me LOL ;)

I was thinking the same thing. What's the problem? Pull over and whip it out. Lord knows all the guys I ride with do it all the time. UGH! Meanwhile, I'm praying for a gas station:(:(. I know where all the bathrooms are on all our usual routes just in case. Our usual leader keeps me in mind and will stop the group at certain spots just in case I need to pee. Nice guy, huh?

But I have to admit it's a funny story. I'm glad nothing else was damaged...