My bike got stuck in the water

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
As most of you know, many parts of QLD is flooded and I was moving out with a car yesterday night.
It happened @ Yeronga near where I live.
The car couldn't go pass the water and stalled.
So 2 vehicles was in between two river of water.
We got a friend who have a 4wd to get us out of there but we had to leave the vehicles there.
I am guessing my bike and the mate's car is already washed away.
I have fire and theft insurance on my bike which I don't think cover this and my friend don't even have insurance on his car.

ARGH!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Far out! that is horrible.....you must feel so hopelessly helpless, but what can you do?

Keep us posted, i hope for your sake, that the bike is ok, and is retreivable!

:(

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With how fast the waters were moving, your bike is probably near Gympie by now :eek:

Sorry about your bike, but you're safe. Things can be replaced.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Man that really sucks big time. Always have to look on the positive side as it wasn't you washed away but still blows to lose your bike- stay safe!:(

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey sorry to hear that this disaster has affected you. I hope that you and those you care about stay safe and recover as easy and quickly as possible. Please keep us posted.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this man man.... But you never know maybe the insurance will cover it? Maybe you could lie and tell them it was stolen? .... IDK

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this man man.... But you never know maybe the insurance will cover it? Maybe you could lie and tell them it was stolen? .... IDK
Yep, and get caught for insurance fraud...... :shakehead: The insurance companies will be hit hard enough as it is - estimated $13billion damages so far. You'll probably find, if you're insured with RACQ, QBE etc, that you're already covered. Don't go into panic mode - yet.....

I think a lot of people will try this sort of scam - the insurance companies will be right onto it. You have to think, the waters will drop and "someone" will find the bike. You wouldn't get away with it.......

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, and get caught for insurance fraud...... :shakehead: The insurance companies will be hit hard enough as it is - estimated $13billion damages so far. You'll probably find, if you're insured with RACQ, QBE etc, that you're already covered. Don't go into panic mode - yet.....

I think a lot of people will try this sort of scam - the insurance companies will be right onto it. You have to think, the waters will drop and "someone" will find the bike. You wouldn't get away with it.......

Yeah your probably right. I don't know how Insurance companies are over there, But in the U.S they screw you over any chance they get. So I guess that was just my dark side getting the best of me. You know? kinda like give them a taste of their own medicine! :sinister: But yeah prob wanna wait. don't wanna go to jail, especially after losing your bike.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh so sorry man thats crap news :( such a nice bike & I thought all the Fizzers were doing so well flood wise......... Stupid flood water :spank: :spank:

I just went for an epic stroll around town to take photos & I dont mind saying , it was a little emotional :(

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's crap news mate. Really feel for you. I hope things work out well for you.

On my usual lighter note...did you leave your key in your bike? Who's to say it wasn't stolen? Just jokes.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
that was quite a horrible experience to get stuck in water! im very sorry this happened to you and your lovely bike, but at least you're here to rant about it! good luck with the process hope you find the bike where you left it.

this kind of thread sends shivers down my spine, it shows us how fragile we can become when nature unleashes its power

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com

I am with Suncrop insurance. Anyone could have a check for me if I am covered?
Many thanks.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear for your loss dude! Keep yourself safe, and try not to worry too much about your physical stuff. This is a disaster, and your government has set up emergency funding for things like that. Even if your insurance doesn't cover it. There are likely a lot of other people in the same situation(s) as you, and that is what the emergency funds are for. They will help you guys rebuild, it's just gonna take time - and a dry spell...

Good luck, stay safe!