Munich, Germany

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yo Kenny! check out the bottom of this page: http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/27486-when-your-job-makes-you-proud-5.html

We had a big pre-certification meeting with them... the main goal was to get the SOF (Safety of Flight) stamp for our power distribution equipment (see big black box in the pics)

About Airbus, our meeting was cancelled for now... but it should happen later this year... I did include some A380 pics in that thread above as well though :)

Live4Snow

Reaction score
Visit site
Great photos. I went there during World Cup 2004 I think it was and it was crazy and at the same time a beautiful city.

From an ex-architecture student, thanks for the photos of the beautiful buildings!

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool thanks for the info! For the record, my mom is 100% German and lives in the North East of France (next to the German border)... her whole family (my grand parents, aunts and uncles) is still in Germany though... so she really couldn't care less about a Bratwurst restaurant in LA lol... I will take my american wife and kids there though :D :thumbup:

Oh, sorry, I thought your mom is here too.
Anyway, great pictures, thanks for sharing.
And try Ronald's sausages when you have time - you won't regret :)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
It didn't take 5min on the Autobahn for him to hit 230km/h (140mph) in his company Mercedes... It was so quiet (even though it was a Turbo Diesel) and smooth that I did not notice right away :) That 1 hour at 230km/h was a blast talking to this dude! :)

QUOTE]Wavex: Only 140 mph? Well, in 1985, EYE (backpaker hitchiking)picked up a ride leaving Munich from a guy in a Porshe Carrera Turbo and we were at 265 KPM (165 MPH) for a stretch. Neener, neener (lol).

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Zwei hunderd und siebzig kilometer (170mph) zwischen Frankfurt und Marburg, mit ein 1990 BMW Alpina. So ner. ;)

Munich's quite nice. Full of crazy Bavarians.

Good pics, BTW.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Only 140 mph? Well, in 1985, EYE (backpaker hitchiking)picked up a ride leaving Munich from a guy in a Porshe Carrera Turbo and we were at 265 KPM (165 MPH) for a stretch. Neener, neener (lol).

Nice... I grew up 15min from the German border... I`ve had my share of crazyness on German Autobahns :)

Zwei hunderd und siebzig kilometer (170mph) zwischen Frankfurt und Marburg, mit ein 1990 BMW Alpina. So ner. ;)

Good pics, BTW.

Kannst du wirklich Deutsch sprechen oder war das von Google Translate Tool? :D

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Naturlich, das war die echte. Aber ich habe so viel vergessen, wahrscheinlich Google Translation sollte mehr richtig sein.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Sehr gut! Fruher war ich auch fliessend, aber jetzt muss ich jeder Tag Englisch und Franzosisch sprechen und folglich habe ich alles vergessen :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics Wavex, Munich is a beautiful city, I've been there on numerous occasions (I was stationed in Germany for about 3 and a half years). The beer festival is great, we used to do adventure training on the German/ Austrian border (using some of the facillities of the American base at Garmisch-Partenkirchen ), anyway they always timed it to coincide with the beer festival, so a group of us would spend the weekend before in Munich, and a great time was had by all :iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:

I stopped off in Munich several other times, mainly whilst going on Skiing holidays.

Bavarians are very proud people and they would prefer to be called Bavarians rather than Germans :confused:

Despite being in Germany for more than 3 years I'm embarrassed to say I hardly learned any German at all (apart from the very basics).

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics Wavex, Munich is a beautiful city, I've been there on numerous occasions (I was stationed in Germany for about 3 and a half years). The beer festival is great, we used to do adventure training on the German/ Austrian border (using some of the facillities of the American base at Garmisch-Partenkirchen ), anyway they always timed it to coincide with the beer festival, so a group of us would spend the weekend before in Munich, and a great time was had by all :iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:

I stopped off in Munich several other times, mainly whilst going on Skiing holidays.

Bavarians are very proud people and they would prefer to be called Bavarians rather than Germans :confused:

Despite being in Germany for more than 3 years I'm embarrassed to say I hardly learned any German at all (apart from the very basics).

3 years and you're not fluent!?!?! I know it's a very tough language to learn, but 3 years should be enough to learn more than the basics! slacker! :BLAA::cheer:

Awesome pic's mate :thumbup: Must win Lotto tonight so Humpy can travel the world :D.... So jealous of these beautiful countries.....

Hey Humpy, air travel off season is cheap these days!!! No need to win the lotto :thumbup:

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
3 years and you're not fluent!?!?! I know it's a very tough language to learn, but 3 years should be enough to learn more than the basics! slacker! :BLAA::cheer:

Hey Humpy, air travel off season is cheap these days!!! No need to win the lotto :thumbup:

That's a fact, certainly because he speaks a language that's very similar to it. Das Deutsch ist doch ganz einfach zum verstehen wenn Sie aus Belgien oder Niederlande kommt. ;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

as I said "I'm embarrassed to say" :spank: in my defence I took a basic German course for foreigners at a local German college, and I ate, slept and went out (tax free beer) on (English) base. During my last year in Germany I started going out with my present (Dutch) wife, so I started learning Dutch instead.

That's a fact, certainly because he speaks a language that's very similar to it. Das Deutsch ist doch ganz einfach zum verstehen wenn Sie aus Belgien oder Niederlande kommt. ;)

This is very true Philippe, I can understand most German now because of my understanding of Dutch, the 2 languages are very similar.

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site

Good pics, BTW.
Was? Schneller (170 MPH) auf dem Autobahn als war ich vor vielen Jahren? Scheisse! Jetzt, muss ich noch einmal Autostop machen und wieder einen anderen Reise nach Deutschland machen. Dies is sehr schlect. Schneller als ich? Nein, nein, nein!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
3 years and you're not fluent!?!?! I know it's a very tough language to learn, but 3 years should be enough to learn more than the basics! slacker! :BLAA:

:thumbup:

When I was in Germany for the first time, I learned the numbers one thru ten in about 30 minutes after watching the late nite TV commercials. It's the one's with all the sexy ladies that want you to call them, they were naked too!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny, you`d definitely love european TV lol after 10 years in the US, it even shocks me when I go back to France and see naked women on random tv programs/commercials/beaches/etc... :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny, you`d definitely love european TV lol after 10 years in the US, it even shocks me when I go back to France and see naked women on random tv programs/commercials/beaches/etc... :D

Yeah, no need for pay per view movies in the hotels over there. I love how loose and free europe is, very little censorship. You have naked women on billboards, bus benches and the topless beaches. God bless them. Goes for the press as well, they show all the guts and gory pictures, very graphic, they show how it is, the damn truth.

USA is too damn conservative.

Oh and another great thing about Germany. Got to love that purple airline. Lufthansa. Sorry David, I wasn't too fond of Air France. You guys have really strange business class sections within europe, it's almost like coach.

Last edited: