MT-09"FZ09" vs FZ8

lrojasma

Reaction score
Visit site
After lookin the beautiful MT09 chasis, i have no doubt that using the MT09 triple clamp you can put USD forks on our FZ6 without any problema, the chasis steering head looks exactly the same. In fact the chasis is very look alike, almost the same design.

This bike is amazin, the only truly worthy FZ6 sucesor. Well dome Yamaha. If MT09 would be 4 cylinder engine, i woull buy it asap. I am a 4liner lover.

But technically speaking this bike has a lot more useable power tan our FZ6, Is more Street friendly. I just love the 4 liner sound .I have to wait and hear the MT09 sound.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
found a new complaint. no centerstand

Yeah, that kinda sucks. Seems to be more and more common these days to omit the centerstand. With the under-muffler, I wonder if a centerstand is even possible. The FZ-09 seems to have a sight glass for the oil level. How the heck do you check that without a centerstand?

Oh well, I guess if they make one with a half fairing and I buy one, I'll invest in a paddock stand.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i gotta admit im with Nelly, its got something about it as long as the blue wheels go.... that just doesnt work. for me

don't any one tell my naked wasp that im looking at anothery

........but......well
I'm only touching with my eyes......

......for now!

oh sh1t!
dont tell my wife either!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
must be some interesting stuff happening with Yamaha and the remainder of their sports oriented bikes. They had said they would be using inline three's for them.....and in the Canadian Yamaha website they only list the FZ09 under the 2014 tab....perhaps some big reveals coming shortly.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
must be some interesting stuff happening with Yamaha and the remainder of their sports oriented bikes. They had said they would be using inline three's for them.....and in the Canadian Yamaha website they only list the FZ09 under the 2014 tab....perhaps some big reveals coming shortly.

An I-3 R6 might make me not want a daytona 675 so bad...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

gocartone

Reaction score
Visit site
I have read two reviews so far and both mention the terrible EFI throttle response. I hope this doesn't turn into an Achilles heal for Yamaha and my next bike.

Agreed! I've been thinking about getting rid of my FZ6 because of how poor the throttle response is due to a crappy EFI system, no way I'm going to spend twice what it's worth on something with the same problem haha.

As far as the small tank, you will still be able to go about 150 miles on the freeway before having to stop for gas. That's about as long as I would ever want to ride a bike without stopping!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quote [PH2's Jon Urry] "Exiting bends the initial throttle response can feel a little harsh and almost as if the chain is slack (it wasn't), however, putting the bike in 'B' mode calms this feeling down if it really bothers you. To be honest I wasn't overly distressed by it and Yamaha say this bike is aimed at more experienced riders anyway".

I need a test ride.................................................

Not a bad review

Yamaha MT-09: Review - PistonHeads - PistonHeads mobile

Nelly:thumbup: