MSF Slogans - need your vote

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Top 10 Semi-Finalists Selected for
the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Ride On! Write On! Contest

Public Vote Will Determine Winning MSF Slogan
IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 1, 2009 - After reviewing over 550 submissions to its Ride On! Write On! contest, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) has selected the top 10 semi-finalist slogans. The public is invited to vote online at Motorcycle Safety Foundation to determine the winning slogan. Votes will be accepted until 6:00 P.M. (Pacific Standard Time) on October 15, 2009. One vote per person. See website for details.
Top Ten Semi-Finalist Slogans
1.Real Divas Ride Smart
2.New Rider, New Skills, New Confidence, New Friends, New Woman
3.A good foundation isn't just for your face
4.Save a marriage, let a professional teach you to ride. MSF saving marriages since 1973.
5.Mom taught me about life...MSF taught me about riding
6.Your curves look better when trained. Take an MSF class!
7.Unleash your Inner Biker Chic! Take A MSF Course Today!
8.Women on motorcycles are positive female "roll" models. Strike a pose!
9.MSF RiderCourse, a women's ignition to confidence, independence and inspiration
10.Female motorcycling - The essence of independence! Learn how at Motorcycle Safety Foundation

"We've had tremendous response to our contest; some funny, some inspiring, some a little sexist, some serious, and one or two we had to disqualify," said Dr. Sherry Williams, director, quality assurance and research. "It wasn't easy to select just 10 semi-finalists. Riders, and particularly women riders, are very passionate about taking their first MSF RiderCourse, and that passion definitely shows in these clever, creative slogans. Now it's up to the public to determine the final top three winners. We'll look forward to using these slogans to inspire more women to discover the fun and adventure of motorcycling."
The goal of the contest is to generate a slogan that will be used primarily for women's shirts, as well as other items the MSF may choose to make available for sale. The message should reflect how essential it is to get started in motorcycling the right way - by taking the MSF RiderCourseSM - and how uplifting that accomplishment can be.
The top three winners will receive gift certificate prizes from Whitehorse Gear: 1st Place is $599, 2nd Place is $400 and 3rd Place is $300. Winners will be announced on or after October 16, 2009. Rules and restrictions apply. See the MSF website for details.

The Motorcycle Safety Foundation promotes rider safety through rider training systems, operator licensing tests and public information programs. The MSF works with the federal government, state agencies, the military, and others to offer training for all skill levels so riders can enjoy a lifetime of safe, responsible motorcycling. Standards established by the MSF have been internationally recognized since 1973.
The MSF is a not-for-profit organization sponsored by BMW, BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Piaggio, Suzuki, Triumph, Victory and Yamaha. For RiderCourseSM locations,
call (800) 446-9227 or visit Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I think all of them are lame. Hope not one of them are from any members here on this forum. Even though I knew about this, I didn't bother to take the time to create and submit one.

Not sure why the MSF needs a slogan, each class I teach, almost half are women anyways.

FYI....there is now a MSF Forum under the new riders area of this forum.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Should have asked us.

MSF. Makes Safer Families.

The guys on here will have loads of them. Quite a lot unprintable I would think.

Those in the official list are not that hot.

Steve

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I think all of them are lame. Hope not one of them are from any members here on this forum. Even though I knew about this, I didn't bother to take the time to create and submit one.

This sums up my first reaction.
If I saw any of those (granted I'm male) I'd probably be too busy puking over how corny and lame they are to actually take notice of the message... which is what? To get woman to do training courses?
All the female riders I know already tend to be far more interested and focused on saftey (especially those with families) than guys. Probably trying to appeal to their intelligence, and presenting some solid facts instead of using a dubious female orientated slogan seems like a better approach to me.

Also if those are the top 10 of the 550, I'm submitting a request that all -other- submissions be burnt.