MSF Instructors take note

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent video to illustrate swerve vs braking. As mentioned poor demonstration of awareness. Especially when school children are present. Rider can improve anticipating traffic, especially traveling behind a vehicle in the right lane approaching an intersection.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's the fish eye lens! In reality, he had 7 feet of clearance form all angles!

.. NOT! Lucky.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
What was he thinking? I don't get it?! Why didn't he see the junction, see the two cars braking, and then do the same?

I love the way some people use helmet cams as a primary way of displaying their own incompetence.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm no pro rider here or anything, I think that by the time he made the mental decision to swerve, He had time to brake.

That or swerve to between the cars then brake hard and stop plenty short of the intersection.

Speed through the intersection was really dumb.

I had a group of friends that used to ride like that.. "Had" is the key word.. I no longer ride with them.

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm no pro rider here or anything, I think that by the time he made the mental decision to swerve, He had time to brake.

That or swerve to between the cars then brake hard and stop plenty short of the intersection.

Speed through the intersection was really dumb.

I had a group of friends that used to ride like that.. "Had" is the key word.. I no longer ride with them.

^Yeah it looked to me like he could of braked well short of that silver vsn after his initial swerve

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If I were his father, I'd be buying a half million dollar insurance policy on his life, yet tonight. The odds of me collecting on it look great!

TheSandman13

Reaction score
Visit site
That was ridiculous. It was also lucky. I don't care how good of a rider you think you are. If you ride like that, your luck will eventually run out.