Moving on

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Even though I haven't contributed much and have only been a member of these wonderful forums for a few months I wanted to thank everyone in here for their great advice and sharing of information regarding these beautiful machines that are the FZ6's.
Sadly my FZ6 is no more (insurance wrote it off) and I have now moved to the more sports-touring oriented VFR800 (always wanted to experience a V4 and never had an Honda before so had to give it a go) so I'm moving on.
I'll still come here now an then to see what's going on so it's not a "goodbye", more a "see ya later".
Cheers.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of us have moved on to other bikes, but many still call this forum *home* :D

VFR is an amazing bike, but do thorough research on the electrical system. It's known to be an issue with these bikes.. there are wiring kits our there that supposedly help.

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Like wise Rick.
Will definitely be coming back here.
Erci, you talking about the VFRness? I've done my bit of research before getting the viffer and got a few tips form fellow owners on some forums.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci, you talking about the VFRness? I've done my bit of research before getting the viffer and got a few tips form fellow owners on some forums.

Yup. What model year are you getting?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Even though I haven't contributed much and have only been a member of these wonderful forums for a few months I wanted to thank everyone in here for their great advice and sharing of information regarding these beautiful machines that are the FZ6's.
Sadly my FZ6 is no more (insurance wrote it off) and I have now moved to the more sports-touring oriented VFR800 (always wanted to experience a V4 and never had an Honda before so had to give it a go) so I'm moving on.
I'll still come here now an then to see what's going on so it's not a "goodbye", more a "see ya later".
Cheers.
Good luck with the VFR, see ya later.

Nelly

D

Dave.TX

Good luck with your new bike. I almost got a 2007 anniversary edition, those are my favorite. Likewise a lot of us have sold our FZ6's and moved on to something else and like you moved on to a sport-touring bike. I still miss the 6 from time to time, it was a great bike.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the sound of those v4 viffers.

Ha yeah, a lot of us are on different bikes now but you see where we hang out...:D

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all again.
Will definitely stick around (how couldn't I with such a great bunch?)
The VFR is a 2002 model in blue, all stock standard and it rides great (love the spread f torque across any revs). Few mods already on the pipeline...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all again.
Will definitely stick around (how couldn't I with such a great bunch?)
The VFR is a 2002 model in blue, all stock standard and it rides great (love the spread f torque across any revs). Few mods already on the pipeline...

02.. NICE! That's the model where the *turbo* (different cam profile) kicks in at something like 6k rpm, right? As has already been said..

:needpics:

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, the "turbo" (V-TEC) kicks in at 7000RPM and is not brutal but feels great (can't wait until I put some decent pipes on it to make it growl like it should).
You asked for it...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love it! Integrated signals, undertail pipes, single sided swingarm.. the works!! :thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, that is a great looking bike! Congrats! You should definitely hang around just to post up pics of your mods.:D

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice looking bike!

Good to see you went with a faster blue colour!

Anytime you want to try a trip to Adelaide, call me and we'll meet up! (got to try the FANTASTIC roads around Adelaide!)

Cheers,
Rick

Sparty76

Reaction score
Visit site
Enjoy the VFR! I've always wanted to ride one of those! Might have to sell the FZ soon to use funds for car repairs, but I'll still check this forum. Great community.

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for your comments, really appreciated and great to see what an appreciative lot we are.
Yesterday i Took the viffer for a run and crossed paths with an FZ6 at a set of lights and almost missed my green admiring the fizzer, I gotta say I still love those machines!
But... the VFR is in another league the power delivery is so smooth! The only thing I'm not happy about is the exhaust note with the stock mufflers so already looking at getting a set of Leo Vince's for it. Again, like on the FZ6, I don't understand why the put 4-1-2 systems on these bikes, it's a waste of pipe and extra weight that is not needed (although it looks great).