Movember 2014?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone else doing movember this year? My Mospace

For those who don't know, Movember is a charity that focuses on raising awareness for and combatting common mens health issues, this year it's expanded from prostate and testicular cancer to also include mental health issues, which I'm glad to see is included this year.

How does it work? Men donate their face by growing a moustache during the month of Movember, starting clean on Nov. 1st and growing as much as they can in a month. Friends, family, and strangers then donate money for their sacrifice/month of celibacy/to get them to shave. At my age the moustache does more to arouse suspicion than women :(

13 days in and feeling good, here's a pic from the 11th, I had a scare over the last two days that I may have to shave it off for a trade show I'm being sent to with work, but I think the CEO is warming to the presence of my hairy upper lip. Who doesn't want to talk to a booth babe with a moustache?

8a44b86d0d4046d63408a3217ca840f4-546262a76fd11.jpg

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about it.

My upper lip has not seen the light of day since 1979, meaning my wife has never seen it.

Booth Babe?!?!?! I think you have a new nickname dude.:rockon:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
It's full boogie no shaving at all for this month.

Truth be told I don't like beards much. But it's a good cause and a great reason not to have to shave for a month

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Per the Movember rules, that's cheating :Flip: Movember United States - Get Involved

I did it in 2012

I didn't realize there were rules!! Actually my company is pushing this thing pretty hard. There is really no emphasis on only growing a mustache. It's getting attention and momentum. And yeah for a little TMI had my PSA #'s came back a week ago. all good

Last edited:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, I'm in PA at the moment, flying to Texas to swear in the Army this weekend. Gonna have to shave for that I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an Army regulation/code that dictates the rules regarding appropriate moustache wearing. You're good man! Just make it a boxcar that doesn't extend too wide or low.

(b) Facial hair. Males will keep their face clean-shaven when in uniform, or in civilian clothes on duty. Mustaches are permitted. If worn, males will keep mustaches neatly trimmed, tapered, and tidy. Mustaches will not present a chopped off or bushy appearance, and no portion of the mustache will cover the upper lip line, extend sideways beyond a vertical line drawn upward from the corners of the mouth (see lines C and D of fig 3-1 ), or extend above a parallel line at the lowest portion of the nose (see line B of fig 3-1 ). Handlebar mustaches, goatees, and beards are not authorized. If appropriate medical authority allows beard growth, the maximum length authorized for medical treatment must be specific. For example, "The length of the beard cannot exceed 1/4 inch" (see Training Bulletin Medical (TB Med) 287). Soldiers will keep the growth trimmed to the level specified by the appropriate medical authority, but are not authorized to shape the hair growth (examples include, but are not limited to goatees, "Fu Manchu," or handlebar mustaches).

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I always do. I usually quit shaving around mid September and shave again in march or April, depending on when it starts warming up