Motorcycle parking (rant)

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty new here, but I wanted to share with all of you something that I find very annoying.

So, at my college there is a motorcycle parking section, it's right in front of the main building and really a great spot to park. I rode my fz to school today and when I got here there were no other bikes yet. So we break for lunch and upon my return (same as last week and the week before). There are 4 bikes, a ninja, some cruiser, a v-star, and a BMW touring bike with huge side cases. The stall can easily fit 6 bikes, but sure enough every day the BMW guy parks his bike at an angle (apparently to keep others from parking close) and hogs up at least 3 bikes worth of stalls. All of the other bikes park sensibly and surely appreciate the awesome spot as much as I do, but that fella on the BMW ruins it for me and some other fella with a naked kawi. We are forced to go park in a cage spot way far away (and we share that!). The first week I figured maybe there was another bike that left and he squeezed in, the second week I realized he was just being pompous, and now I realize that he's pompous and an idiot.

Anybody else ever deal with this type of behavior?

\rant

Thanks for playing.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not just bikes i think it goes along with some of the requirements dealers look at when buying a bmw, benz, audi or other high end brands that you have to be a pompous idiot....not saying everyone who owns one is but there are plenty out there

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd leave a note. Seriously.

"Hey - you're only riding one bike, not 3. Please take up only one spot. Thanks!

Signed,

Fellow Rider Who Doesn't Want To Park In Car Spots Any More Than You Do"

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd leave a note. Seriously.

"Hey - you're only riding one bike, not 3. Please take up only one spot. Thanks!

Signed,

Fellow Rider Who Doesn't Want To Park In Car Spots Any More Than You Do"

I thought about that. Your note is definitely more cordial than the one I had in mind

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about that. Your note is definitely more cordial than the one I had in mind

I've actually left a bike note or three in my lifetime. I look at it like we're all looking our for each other first and foremost... I've picked up a tipped-over bike before that I found in an empty garage and left them a note with my name and number, only to find out that I knew the owner - had no idea he rode! Also turned a guy's lights off using my key tip, again left a note with phone number in case he had any questions. And another Harley guy who was parking the way you describe in our precious, rare underground bike parking here at work... all notes.

Id assume the guy's just a little selfish but maybe still an alright person, and doesn't KNOW he's being a twit.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I was thinking the same as you, probably a little more direct. A note is in order and if their behavior continues, maybe a warning about being courteous to their fellow riders?

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've actually left a bike note or three in my lifetime. I look at it like we're all looking our for each other first and foremost... I've picked up a tipped-over bike before that I found in an empty garage and left them a note with my name and number, only to find out that I knew the owner - had no idea he rode! Also turned a guy's lights off using my key tip, again left a note with phone number in case he had any questions. And another Harley guy who was parking the way you describe in our precious, rare underground bike parking here at work... all notes.

Id assume the guy's just a little selfish but maybe still an alright person, and doesn't KNOW he's being a twit.

He's definitely being a twit and he would have to be an idiot to not realize it, however we've already established that he is in fact an idiot. But I like your approach and will try the note!

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
I would leave a note as well. It may be naive to think he doesn't realise that he's taking other peoples parking space but this is the most decent way to remind him.

If he ignores that ... i don't know, piss in his gasstank or something ;)

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
He sounds like one of those guys who mooch a little off of others to the extent that they think nobody really notices or cares. But once he realizes someone does care (hint: sign the note "the rest of us" or some other plural, implying you've talked to other riders and they're all annoyed too) then he'll probably straighten up rather than dig in and defend his twitiness.

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate this. I haven't seen it with bikes (yet) but I see it with cars all the time. Some jerk at work does this with his entry-level Lexus every day. Parks diagonally and takes up two spots. Yup, he's that much better than the rest of us. Afraid of your car getting dinged? Me too, so you know what I do? Find a curb spot and hug it. Only takes up one spot and does the same job plus it doesn't tempt people to park annoyingly close to you just to piss you off.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say try the note, if that doesn't work call UPD and see if they will do something about it. If that doesn't work you could hang out and talk to him...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say try the note, if that doesn't work call UPD and see if they will do something about it. If that doesn't work you could hang out and talk to him...

Perhaps a letter on official school letter head - if found again, you will be cited.....blah blah (if kind note is not headed. . .

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If all else fails talk to the bikers you do know and all of yall take up 3 spots and make him park in a car spot for a few days and seevif he gets the hint then

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not just bikes i think it goes along with some of the requirements dealers look at when buying a bmw, benz, audi or other high end brands that you have to be a pompous idiot....not saying everyone who owns one is but there are plenty out there

I've only met one BMW car owner, EVER...who was not a prick.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So did the beemer guy quit taking up more spots or what has happend?

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny how friendly most bikers are on the freeway...and how many rider assholes you meet on foot. (perfect reference to another members encounter at a gas station with the gixxer dude the other day) The parking situation at my college was similar. But people were also stealing license plates and knocking over other bikes.

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So did the beemer guy quit taking up more spots or what has happend?

I'm not sure, he either stopped riding his bike or dropped classes or something. I haven't seen him since the day I made this rant. I guess if you complain anonymously then things work out lol.