Most popular colour?

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Just brought a 2009 FZ6S2 in mettalic dark blue with the black headlight trims.

Keep looking around on here and on Ebay and in the bike shops and all I seem to see is this colour??????

I did try out a maroon 2007 bike before buying this one but around this age they all seem to be this colour- am I wrong?

OK the colour doesnt matter cos when you are riding all you can see is road but hey!!!:rockon:

Had many happy years on an FZS6 from 2001 before I got this one and withy all the bikes around I chose another Fazer to ride around mid Wales

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is only one; Power Blue.

14382d1237738905-photo-contest-dscf2126.jpg

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am pleased to see your bikes are shiny and clean- anyone fancy sorting mine out- it is minging!!!

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Just had a look at the Beringer site, cool indeed but what a price, the calipers alone would cost more than 1000 Euro after tax is added!!!! I would like to improve the feel of my brakes but not at that price. The originals are strong enough (if you can lock your wheel you can't brake any harder) but they feel wooden. Might try braided hoses. I know you can fit R1 style calipers with some mounting plates but can't believe there aren't some other tastier calipers from something else that would fit straight on.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I am just finding out how difficult it is to keep a dark blue bike clean- you think you have done a good job on the after run clean until it dries off an hour later and you see all the bits you have missed

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I like dark blue or black like mine. I do feel like Ghostrider (the Swedish guy, not the film) though I wear black gear on a black bike. Do worry I'm not very visible.

I worried about that too with my black bike, black helmet, and my dark blue/black jacket. Then I read through (read skimmed most of it) the 2008 MAIDS report. They stated in there that there was no statistical or anecdotal evidence to say that high visibility garments made any impact on practical visibility to a motorist.

Basically they said it didn't matter what color you're wearing. If the douche isn't going to pay enough attention to see you, no color/or amount of reflective tape is going to change that.

The only thing that seemed to matter was flashing headlights, but that was mostly because it mimics a motorcycle cop. Most people have no problem seeing them. It's just in what you're looking for, and they aren't looking for you.

Oh, and black is so much faster.
2011-02-16151544.jpg