Most of us are lucky. Look at the FZ16

I am in total agreement, we (the U.S.) need more small bikes like this. I would totally dig having one of those for blasting about town.

And I'm really happy to have folks from India chiming in on the thread. It's great to get first-hand info on the riding environment and demands, etc. Our bikes would just be ponderous and sorta wasteful in such a place. We'd be gettin' our arses handed to us by these little bikes as they are much better able to zip around and through spaces.

I think the bike is cool. The can's a bit large but that's what they're doing to the bikes here, too, and we all know that can be changed out. Otherwise, it's all yamaha. Dig the "carbon" speedo...

That thing is like sex on wheels compared to the scooters and mopeds you normally see in those countries.

(I do agree that the muffler is fugly :D)

I love this bike! If I were in India I would totally get one, this, or the R15. That looks as close to an R1 as possible, and with an affordable price tag to boot.
I used to ride this one in India. Heh, thats me in the picture, taken around 2001 or 2002.
HA2D.jpg

That is a Hero Honda CBZ with a 156cc engine with a max power output of 13.8 HP. It was a fun bike and economical while I was there. It gave me around 40 kms per liter which is around 93 mpg. For Indian road conditions and the traffic craziness you hardly need a powerful bike, because the majority of your riding will be under 30 mph and it will be stop and go traffic. People tend to look in to fuel consumption and looks more than power output and size of engine. Plus, the engine quality is same as the Yamaha's you get here since there is no compromise over build, design and aesthetics.

I can totally understand bike enthusiasts in India going ga-ga over this bike. I was a similar kid in India, but when I got here, I kind of lived the dream of a biker in India, which is to actually get to ride what the big boys in the rest of the world ride!

M.

Last edited:
I would love to have a little bike like that to commute in.
Think about the fuel economy!
All we have here for small engines are ninja 250's, dirtbikes and scooters.....

well ,my bike gives me mileage of 40 km/litre......which is decent but a bike here frm 150cc segment manage to 50km/litre and it has got the most powerful engine in the segment....name is APACHE(TVS)

I have been riding Yamaha FZ16 for the past 3 years and I absolutely love it. I bought it as a stunt bike to continue with my stunt riding, but later made it as my commuter bike. Most Indian ride to work and ride to get things done. Recent times have seen Yamaha coming up with R1 (costs about $24000) which only the "rich" can afford. I do not know the price for Fazer in India.

I bought my FZ16 three years back and I spend $1500 on the bike. The bike was the best at that time and is perfect for the Indian Traffic Condition.

Just because its a smaller version of FAZER does not mean its bad, but it serves its purpose well and good.

Right now I am setting up the bike and making it as the "Indian - Fazer". Will post some pics when its done.

Let me know if anyone of you require any parts or spares for this particular model, to be fitted on the mighty Fazer, I will be glad to help you. :)

The headlight conversions that everybody has been putting on are from the FZ16s.

If it had a bellypan and a buell headlight imo it would almost look identical to the buell blast

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Everything depends on the situation.

As you can see on my profile I live on a South American country, believe me you don't want to be commuting here on a bike like the FZ6 I did it for almost 2 years, since then I have been doing it on a locally assembled Chinese 125cc (not a scooter or mopped, it has clutch and 5 gears) and I love to commute on that little thing, here traffic is slow as hell, lot of cars, small roads, lot of traffic lights, gas is expensive, definitely a waste of resources and money using a big bike to commute, the gas consumption of the little one is ridiculous, tires last an eternity and since here you can lane split is definitely better and funnier on the little one.

Other thing is that here most people don't commute long distances, so you don't usually need high speeds to reach your work destination, and anyway during the weekdays there is no place for going fast jeje

Cheers

Everything depends on the situation.

As you can see on my profile I live on a South American country, believe me you don't want to be commuting here on a bike like the FZ6 I did it for almost 2 years, since then I have been doing it on a locally assembled Chinese 125cc (not a scooter or mopped, it has clutch and 5 gears) and I love to commute on that little thing, here traffic is slow as hell, lot of cars, small roads, lot of traffic lights, gas is expensive, definitely a waste of resources and money using a big bike to commute, the gas consumption of the little one is ridiculous, tires last an eternity and since here you can lane split is definitely better and funnier on the little one.

Other thing is that here most people don't commute long distances, so you don't usually need high speeds to reach your work destination, and anyway during the weekdays there is no place for going fast jeje

Cheers

I wish I had a Big Ruckus! They stopped making them :( Saw one the other day...

Looks so utilitarian and I think it even has machine gun mounts....:rolleyes:

101Big_Ruckus_composite.JPG

Definitely looks very utilitarian and comfortable as well, it looks like you can mount there whatever stuff you want :D

By the way this is my commuting toy

1285701111_124769254_1-Fotos-de--VENDO-MOTO-AKT-NKD-125-MODELO-2011-1285701111.jpg

it looks small and of course it is, but is comfortable to me and I am not short, not at least for the local standards jeje 5'9"

and the way you can handle that in heavy traffic is amazing, pretty light and you can go through tight spaces like magic :D

I definitely have to take pictures of it next to my FZ6.

Now regarding the little yami we have here both naked FZ16 and semi faired Fazer16, attached two screenshots of Incolmotos S.A website (Industria Colombiana de Motos, S.A is Sociedad Anónima, a figure according to an accountant friend similar to the Corporations on the US)

Incolmotos is our local Importer and assembler of Yamaha motorbikes, they also import and distribute Yamaha musical equipment.

I've never had the opportunity to ride one, but I really like them and in person look definitely cool, since their introduction in the country it has been a HUGE sales hit and now you see a lot of them wherever you go.

Cheers

Think it looks sort of cool it's a baby one waiting to grow up, anyway doesn't matter what speed you do in India. From what I've seen in Mumbai there's not much chance of getting home in one piece at any speed

i wish US citizens had the option to order these smaller displacement bikes, i would rock a 150...

but for commuting purposes i'd rather have a big bored out zx14rr-rr

Last edited:
Back