More stubborn bolts- Front Axle Removal

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same issue as you, and used the above set up with the addition of my impact driver. A good few smacks with a hammer was enough to get things moving without breaking the socket.

Nelly

bpchura

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I am located in the US. That reminds me. I do have a hammer driven impact driver. I tried it a few times but what pretty hesitant to really hit it because I didn't want to knock the forks out of alignment or something.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I am located in the US. That reminds me. I do have a hammer driven impact driver. I tried it a few times but what pretty hesitant to really hit it because I didn't want to knock the forks out of alignment or something.

If you want to pick up shipping both directions, you can borrow my tool. Its a 3/4" or 19mm bolt/nut with washer in the middle WELDED TOGETHER to get that axle loose.

Actually, I can weld another up for about the same price as shipping so you have one. It simply slides in the axle and you put a 3/4 socket (in your case I'd use a box wrench with a pipe) and stand on it. It'll break it loose...

I'd be shipping from 33914. ($3.00 plus actual shipping-cheap enough). PM me and I can weld it up tonight and have it out tomorrow..(or mail mine)