Mom told me when I turned 30 I could have a motorcycle...

troutfishinemt

Reaction score
Visit site
...well, of course, I waited... and then when I turned 30, I waited 8 more years.

But after several months of intense research, reading reviews, price shopping, sitting on and riding a variety of "newb friendly but not boring" bikes - of course I picked an FZ6! :rockon:

I'll be picking her up on Monday; it's a blue 07 with 1500 miles on it, never visibly dropped or otherwise damaged, everything that I could think to inspect and check mechanically seems like new, and I'm in love with it already.

I mean, I'm in love with her, already. I think I will name her "Jolene".

If you haven't guessed, I'm usually not all that serious of a guy - I really am an EMT (and an RN), and I see bikers busted up all the time - soooo - I know what I'm getting into, here, and I did ride dirt bikes quite a bit back in the day (mom never knew), so I'm not just blindly hopping onto this quite capable machine without a clue.

I'm REALLY looking forward to riding, and to learning and sharing and chatting on this forum; it sounds like there's a great bunch of peeps here.

Also, as a newb, I solemnly swear to use the search button whenever it's convenient, and I'm damn glad to meet you.

Mike

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, as a newb, I solemnly swear to use the search button whenever it's convenient, and I'm damn glad to meet you.

Mike

Howdie newb... errr... I mean Mike, from the Space Coast! :D Congrats on the new ride. After you've picked it up and have ridden it a little, tell us what you think! Have fun! :Sport:

T

The afterburner

Hi Mike,
I am also a noob to this forum, but have been riding bikes of all sizes for an indecent number of years, and am actually downsizing at the moment by buying the FZ, due to now living on an island where 180 bhp & 200mph are a bit surplus to requirements. The only advice I am qualified to give you is that the FZ is a rev junkie, dont be afraid to ride it like you stole it, and dont short shift through the gears, make the f***ers scream for mercy before changing up. The bike is a gimp, and loves the abuse;). Apart from that, enjoy the time you have with it:thumbup: