Mods on a 2008 Yamaha fz6 s2

That bike is in amazing condition!! What's the mileage on it?

A real credit to the previous owner - your a lucky fella to have that in your garage :)

+1.

The paint is shiny like most bikes, but the amount of detailing that bike got just makes the enginer/plastics/etc just pop. Love the shine of the flat black frame.. even the plastic pieces around the exhaust.... love it.

(1) BD 43 mod for better visability and easier on you at night(increase re-sale too)
(2) Aftermarket pipes (Scorpions, NO repacking, lifetime warranty, sound great!)
(3) Hyperlites LED running/flashing brake lights (can install on next bike)
(4) air horn.(again, can install on next bike)

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the response, the bike has been purchased for myself as i have recently passed my test.

I plan to keep it for at least a year and then most likey move onto a super sports such as an R1, GSXR 1000 or CBR 1000RR

Regards

As a newer rider, and I apologize if this is not the case, I would not be too quick to jump to a liter bike. The FZ will take some time to explore. After 5 years of mostly commuting I am still learning how far I can push it while trying to stay within limits. IMO

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

As a newer rider, and I apologize if this is not the case, I would not be too quick to jump to a liter bike. The FZ will take some time to explore. After 5 years of mostly commuting I am still learning how far I can push it while trying to stay within limits. IMO

I do think this is subjective. I passed my test a year ago now and also use the bike for commuting. I have to say in that time that I have without being too dangerous, had the back tyre out on a few occasions, mostly unscripted. The power has been explored through the power bands, down shifts.... going too far down the gears before realising and the lovely first gear steeringless acceleration. In all this time the bike has had my utmost respect - I feel I'm ready to step up personally knowing that a litre bike will get the same light touch as you explore it's offerings.

On the other hand, a lad who passed at the same time as me riding and SV650, still hasn't discovered his power bands and is still nervously pottering about in dry weather only.

Two extreme examples and reasons to why, your the only one who can make the decision to go up in Litre'age.

+1 on the above!

The FZ, especially when wound up, is a very fast mid sized bike without the extra weight of a liter bike... Put some aftermarket pipes on it, it'll sound like a liter bike (literally).

It won't get you into trouble nearly as quickly as a liter + bike unless you right hand tells it to...

My biggest, fastest bikes were my 04 FJR 1300 (it'd run low 10's in the 1/4 mile), a Kawasaki ZRX 1100, not quite as fast. The torque and HP, gets into the triple digits real quick, the FZ can too but your winding it up.

I've raced an R6 once, I got the jump on him and kept it... Also a "Linginfelter, super charged (($125,000 + car)) Corvette" and we were about even (on a bridge, no side streets). It was great, my little $2,000 FZ6 running the same as a $125,000 VERY, HIGH PERFORMANCE car...

+1.

The paint is shiny like most bikes, but the amount of detailing that bike got just makes the enginer/plastics/etc just pop. Love the shine of the flat black frame.. even the plastic pieces around the exhaust.... love it.

Thanks for the comments. The headers need a good clean and will be looking to purchase some mothers metal polish and having ago over the weekend!

Ill see how i get on with it and it maybe a case of keeping it for a couple of years before moving to s super sports. I dont plan on using the bike as a commuter but more for pleasure on the weekends

Back