Mods mods mods...!

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, other than motovation frame sliders, my bike is all stock. I haven't even yanked the warning labels off of it yet. (I'm too afraid to mess it up!)

I've never modded a vehicle before, much less a motorcycle. I don't know where to begin with most of these things which is kinda sad since I'm in school to becoming an electronics technician.

Other than the dual headlight mod. I'm pretty satisfied with the rest of the bike being all stock. Am I crazy or is that just me not knowing better...?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hang around here long enough, and you will change your mind! I remember being perfectly happy with my stock bike when i first got it...then started thinking, if it's this good stock, how much better can i make it!

:rockon:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a disease.........."modding". It's like that chip commercial, "you can't just have one". And since you started with one already, others mods will creep in soon.......bwuhahahhaha (evil laughter).

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's the truth, look at my list:thumbup:

It's a disease.........."modding". It's like that chip commercial, "you can't just have one". And since you started with one already, others mods will creep in soon.......bwuhahahhaha (evil laughter).

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com

+1000 I bought my bike with a load of mods already done and I still can't help myself. I'd recommend making very good friends with your bank manager before you start. :)

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies.

I figured that the feeling would change with time. I'm just a bit worried about where to start :D

I'll definitely start looking into it some more via search.

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
im the same way. i love modding but i dont want to end up regretting or messing anything up. like right now im contemplating the dual headlight mod. takes a really long time to do tho. i guess the real question is what's actually available to do right (for our 08's). like a list then decide from there.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get a PCIII and a dyno tune...more horses, better throttle response, less snatchiness, etc, etc. Costs a few dollars, but once you have done it, you will know why straight away. Transforms the bike.

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
After your first successfully installed mod, you will be installing a mod once a week.. don't worry, it'll come in due time.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
modding takes a great bike and makes it yours, you want to have something different than every other one that is rolling down the road, it makes you a proud bike owner.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine completely stock, within about a month or two I'd already done over $1000 in mods...I was all like :thumbup: But my g/f was like :spank:

My first month mods went in this order:

1. Frame sliders
2. Windscreen
3. Exhaust including FE
4. PC-III and K&N air filter

It's definitely an addiction. A sweet sweet addiction.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
im the same way. i love modding but i dont want to end up regretting or messing anything up. like right now im contemplating the dual headlight mod. takes a really long time to do tho. i guess the real question is what's actually available to do right (for our 08's). like a list then decide from there.

No specific list but if you head over to the mods section and just start checking things out...... make sure the credit cars are paid off, the mortgage is caught up, and you have few dollars in your pocket or you'll be sorry!

whitefox51

Reaction score
Visit site
The best thing to do, I think, is to figure out what you want to mod, function or aesthetics or both. Aesthetics can be cheaper and easier to install yourself and in my opinion I don't want my bike looking like anybody else's so it's important to me. As far as function goes, do your home work. Make sure you are getting a part that's going to actually improve your bike not suck power out or worst case end up taking out the mechanical or electrical systems. Mechanical can get pricey if you don't know your way around a wrench too. I've tried to mod both at one time on a car before...let's just say I broke the bank fast and my car looked like an unfinished project for quite a while (not cool) Good luck! because yeah...you're gonna do it, there's no fighting it! :thumbup: